Congrats to me ~ It's a Girl

Old 02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats to me ~ It's a Girl

well a 6 yr old girl

Yes - I am a full time "mom" again thru a normal set of events common to all of us who are familiar with the disease of alcoholism/addiction ~

Mr. PinkAcres & I are now the full time caregivers for our 6 yr old granddaughter ~ Kaileigh.

This precious little girl's mom passed away 2 yrs ago & her Dad (Mr. PINK Acres youngest son) is struggling with his disease right now ~ so with us is the healthiest place for her. The Dad agreed to let her stay with us & will sign the paperwork this weekend and by God's Grace - Kaileigh is excited about it.

She and I talked about it last nite when she asked "RiRi how long do I have to stay with you & PawPaw?" I said "Well honey for a little while, I'm really not sure right now. You know Dad is looking for another job and it might be easier if you stay with us a while"
She replied "Oh, I was hoping you were gonna say like for a year or so, cause I really like staying here. We get along pretty well"

I thought my heart would burst with gratitude!! Everywhere else she has tried to stay (with other grandparents) she has cried to go back to her Dad! She seems content, happy and doing well for now - praying it last.

Our schedules are tough because of my work commute ~ I leave the house at 4:30 am & get home around 5:30-5:45 pm, plus it's tax season for me when I work the 2nd job ~ but we have lots of extended family that are offering to help. Another blessing!

Mr.PINK & I are tired but we are so peaceful right now - knowing she is safe and happy. Still concerned about her Dad - his path right now is a scary one, but we both know all we can do is pray for him and Let Go & Let God.

So I'm back to homework, school uniforms, lunches~ bedtime & morning snuggles; hairbows, applesauce and fruit snacks.

Last nite as Mr. & I finally sat down together on the sofa, both of us mentally & physically exhausted from the week - He looked at me and said "we can do this right?" and I said "Together, with our God's help, yes honey we can"

Sometimes we think we walk away from the disease, only to have it come right back in your life in another form ~ so grateful to have learned what I have learned so that I can give my step-son healthy compassion and dignity as he fights his battles and still have the strength to care for this precious child!
God is so good & I am so grateful!

PINK HUGS to all,
Rita aka RiRi
Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ms. Pink,

I cried to read this...the part about morning snuggles, hairbows and Kaleigh hoping it would be "a year".

I know this isn't what you had planned but I hope and pray that this arrangement will be a huge blessing in everyone's life.

((((((((((((hugs, my friend)))))))))))))
Old 02-24-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Rita! What a gift you are to that sweet little girl!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How lucky you all are to have each other...
Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PINK,
God IS good! Congratulations!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congratulations! Fantastic news!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks everyone -

especially you HG - it's very special coming from you!!! still praying for your hearts desire too!!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great News PINK - congratulations!

D
Old 02-24-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She is a lucky little girl! Congrats to you and I hope you enjoy it while she is with you. Prayers for her daddy.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Kaleigh))) is a very blessed little 6-year-old, as are you and ((Mr Pink)). I'm really happy her dad is signing the papers and letting ((Kaleigh)) be where she'll get what she needs...lots of love, consistency, and even learn what "no" means, sometimes (you may have to work on Mr. Pink, on that one )

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I love it! Very Heart Warming!

Rose
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A special reason for more PINK! It takes a lot of energy to take care of a six year old but it is energy well spent. Your post made me cry.....but they were tears of joy for Kaleigh and tears of amazement at your beautiful attitude!

gentle hugs
Old 02-25-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Yankee

Ms Pink,

I'm at work, crying at my desk because I am so happy for you & Mr. Pink & Kaileigh. To know that she is going to be taken care of & happy with a stable home....this just made my day. Congratualtions!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Such great news! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Pink: Congrats. Although it is a big responsibility, the fear melts away when from out of nowhere they say "I love you". Another added bonus is you get to see the world from a child's eyes again.
And you are so right... I believe that God puts people and situations in our path to do his work when it comes to children.
Big great hug to you and yours for stepping up to the plate!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Congratulations, Rita, this child is so very blessed to have you and Mr. Pink.

God's gifts are often strangely wrapped, but wonderful gifts just the same.

May your lives be blessed with many years of happiness and love.

Hugs
Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness...no wonder she said she wanted to stay a year or so...I read your post and I wanted to come stay too, lol.

That is wonderful beautiful news and a blessing.

I wish the best for your step son too.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Congratualtions!

When my grandson was born, someone sent me a beautiful saying:

"Everytime a child comes into the world,
a Grandma is born"

Thank goodness for Grandmoms like you.......
Old 03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your love, support and prayers - it is truly going very well -

So far the hardest decision we have had to make is to decide which PINK Necklace of mine to borrow to wear to school each morning - because ya know - I do have quite a few of those -

I know it will get a little tougher as times go on . . . but today PINK Acres is the Place to be!

PINK HUGS to all
Rita

and beautiful girl & anyone else that wants to come visit - you're welcome any time - just look for the PINK Fence!!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tam

congrats to you pink and your hubby! this young girl is sooooo lucky to have you both, although you both will have some work ahead of you, it will be so rewarding when you see her smile again and given the opportunity to grow up in a loving home. when my sil passed away my niece/nephew were 12 years old, I stepped in to help my brother raise them..it was hard work for him,but he is doing a wonderful job..for me,
I felt like a kid again, going to see the jonas brothers like 8 times, the movies,
clothes shopping, snow tubing with her friends,having girl talks,sleep overs etc.etc...it was rewarding and fun too!! now she is 17 and we still do things together, but I miss the "kid stuff"...it goes by fast, but you will enjoy it and it will keep you busy busy busy but its all worth it, when you see how she will develop into a happy ,caring and loving young lady.
btw, dont know if she likes justin beiber, but I heard the movie is great..