Checking In

Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In

It has been almost two months since I posted. At that time my addict son was in rehab. They released him early and he went back to heroin use immediately. I did the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I revoked his bail. He has been in jail for 7 weeks. He is not writing or calling me. I knew he would be angry. I feel this is my higher power's will. It is allowing me to detach from him. I am going to several Al-Anon meetings a week and can see that I did the best thing for him as well as me. He is alive and I am living in peace. I am trusting that everything and everyone is where my Higher Power wants us and that all will be okay in the end. I just need to turn my will over to Him each day.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I believe you did the right thing.

Your family is in my prayers.

Hugs.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you mom! Better to be in jail then out on the streets using heroin. You set a boundary. You enforced it. Your behavior is commendable and honest. His was reprehensible and dishonest.

You can hold your head high and know you did the right thing for you and your family. And your son too. He's right where he needs to be to find his way to recovery - without any interference from you.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You did good. I know it had to be tough. Hopefully someday he will grow to appreciate your tough love.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Detachment is when you stand up and do the right thing and then detach from your loved one's reaction to that. Good for you Mom. Stay strong. Keep taking drastic action like this to fight for your son's life and for your own life. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you! One day he will realize you only did this because you love him.

Proud of you!

-Happycamper
Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

God has blessed your family with you. You are a strong parent to do what you know was the best. Sending my thoughts and prayers out to you and yours.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good for you for not loving him to death..PAIN causes us and them to change..glad you didn't rob him of feeling the consequences of his addiction..and awesome job on the alanon meetings..I went to 4 a week when I first started and its the only thing that brought me peace for a while..down to 2 a week now!