Pregnant AD back in rehab

Old 02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pregnant AD back in rehab

I'm glad she admitted herself. It was only because the other "grandmother to be" threatened to kick her out of her son's apt if she did not (g-ma is on the lease). It's been three days for her in rehab. She had an ultrasound and pictures, the baby looks good. She is almost 11 weeks. (Was very sad when she missed two of her baby appointments while strung out on heroin.) It's her 5th time in rehab in 2 years. I've been posting here since it all started. I never would have thought...

I'm so glad the baby is safe right now, withdrawing, oh my God. I am doubtful she will stay sober if she gets out in less than 30 days. Maybe, just maybe she will form a bond with this baby. Heroin just voids all feelings for others. She has had no feelings whatsoever. What's really sad is that the two moms (me and BF's mom) met at their apt last night. I had to pick up their 6 month old cat, who is now staying with me until I can find her a new home. At first, the kids were like "take her we don't want her, she will jump on the baby" (huh?! what about the heroin you are subjecting the baby to now you idiots), now my daughter is sobering up in rehab and told her boyfriend she was sad about the kitty. Feelings start coming out when when they are sober. I haven't talked to her and I told her I didn't want to hear from her again until she got her sh*t together. I don't want any contact with her for a long time because I know that's how long it's going to take. It's hard for me because and I've never done this before (stayed away during a treatment stay or refused to talk to her). But I know that this baby's life is already comprimised, and it's not going to get easier when it is born. I am now doing exactly what I need to do with my daughter, cutting off complete contact. I know it will hurt her, when she is sober, and that's why I'm doing it. So she will feel the loss of our relationship. Maybe that will mean something to her, maybe not. But I'm cutting myself off from her emotionally, because I have a feeling I am going to be taking the baby away from her. Don't want to think too much about that yet, but it's a thought that keeps wandering in my head... "Plan B".

Her ABF who was 'only' addicted to pot, but is now is using Heroin thanks to my AD, is on a 30 day leave of absence from work (his mom is also his boss). He headed up north to stay with his uncle today and the family up there are going to try to sober him up. He's a good kid, I think he could kick it, maybe, but my daughter rules him, and that is so incredibly sad. As long as he and my daughter are separated and there is no chance for them to go back to the apt., I am hoping that she will opt for long term treatment for the remainder of her pregnancy. I'm praying to my higher power!! Please add her to your prayers tonight. And for me too. This morning I was so depressed, just tired of this non-stop merry go round she is on. I have separated myself from it many times, but it never stops hurting watching her destroy herself. Thanks for listening, I just wanted to share with others I knew would understand.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello 357girl,

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. My husbands DOC is heroin and it is horrible to live with someone while using and trying to stop using. Please take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. As I am sure you have already been through enough. I will be praying for you and your family.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are taking good care of you..keep it up..as you well know its all we have control over..understand the nc w/ the daughter..no one who's been thru this could blame you..do what you need to do..keep posting..
Old 02-21-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Praying for you, your AD, and that g-baby.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You and your family and the new baby coming have my prayers..It's hard enough when our children make these choices that rob their souls, but when an innocent life is brought into the equation it's heart breaking. I'm sorry you are going through this but so glad you are using "the oxygen mask" for yourself.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so saddened for you. I am praying for your family.

Hugs.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

357girl,

So sorry for how despondent your post sounds, you are in my thoughts. Keep taking care of yourself, that's the right thing to do now.