Update

Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I want to share with people, but am afraid at the same time. As I'm typing I realize that is a lapse in FAITH in my HP. Yikes, I don't want that!

My 30 yr old RAS is at his 3rd day of a job!?!? He hasn't had a job in years. It is scary for me to think about, let alone talk/type about out loud - I'm afraid of jinking it or something.

He checked himself into a detox/out patient rehab program on 07/08/09 and has been sober since, w/the help of Suboxone. He lived for 6 months or so in a recovery house and has been living in a (not sober) sober house.

It is not happening how I want it to, it is not happening as fast as I want it to, it is not "perfect" according to me . . . but none of that matters. He is living to the best of his ability and that is all that matters, to him. I have to focus on me, my life, living my life to the best of my ability with the help of my HP.

Thank you, every post I read, sticky, thread I've started, replies I've and others have made to me or to someone else has helped become who I am today. A bit happier than I was a year and a half (and more) ago, more serene, a person with a strong connection to God and trying to build faith with him. You've helped me in ways you aren't even aware of and will continue to, I need SR, thank you.

Joan
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whats life without enjoying the little successes whether they last forever or not?Enjoy and be proud!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It sounds like he is on a good path.

I know that it took me a long time to get a good footing on my own recovery path, but that helps me understand others who struggle.

Keeping your boy in my prayers, Joan. He's got a good mama to set an example for him.

Hugs
Old 02-09-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that things are going in the right direction. Relax and let it be. Take care of yourself and suppossibly your sons life will take care of him. Its been a long haul for you and now you deserve some "me time",,,,hugs~
Old 02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. I know what you mean about jinxing things. It's kind of like when you first start being interested in somebody, maybe go out together - if you say to your friends too soon then something changes. Like some things are not supposed to go public until the right time.

but don't worry, i won't tell a soul!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Joan
One day at a time......

I'm glad to hear that your son is doing well. I understand what you mean about it's not happening how you want it to or as fast as you want it to but perhaps it's working the way his HP wants it to........

Relax and do something nice for yourself and I'll keep you and your son in my prayers.

gentle hugs
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
it is what it is

- i constantly have to remind myself to leave my son in His hands - my prayers are with you and your son
Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

YEAH!!!! what great news!!! how wonderful for HIM & how wonderful for you - that you are allowing him to walk his path & you are still taking GREAT care of yourself. As you said it may not be the way you would have wanted it to happen but it is happening and we can be grateful for the moments!

I remember several yrs ago when my daughter got out of jail for the 1st time ~ we spent the day together shopping. Me, her and one of the grandbabies. We had an awesome day ~ I was apprehensive about going - because I knew she could go "back out at anytime" but I took that ODAT statement to heart - and enjoyed the moment! WE had the best day - Bought clothes for her, we had lunch together, took Easter pics with The Easter Bunny with the baby ~ It is truly one of my fav memories of her. Less than 2 wks later she was back in jail.
I am grateful I took the time & had a program that allowed me to just enjoy the day!!

No matter what happens - there are blessings when they give recovery a try - I believe WE all learn something each time they work on their sobriety!!!

PINK HUGS to you my friend!!!!!
Rita