Hoping for rehab tomorrow

Old 02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow! Two good pieces of advice posted by Laurie6781 and Chino.

My son is in a rehab now placed there only after begging his parole officer to make it happen for him. He was in trouble again, and knew he could not do this on his own.

He is doing every that Laurie6781 just described, and he is loving it! Was sentenced to 90 days, but is trying for 270 more.

Let him prove himself before moving back or you'll just start the craziness all over again.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today was Family Day at his facility and I went. It wasn't at all as I expected... we were in meetings all day, mostly apart. I really like where he is. Today was good for ME. He opened up a bit, shared feelings, spoke in front of the group and myself about his addiction... and FINALLY talked to me. In fact, he was quite the chatter-box... a part of him that I have really missed. He seems to be doing well. I hope this continues.

I went back and read my last few posts and I really don't know how I was even considering having him come back home. But I guess my emotions and dreams of that perfect life got a hold over me.

Thank you to all once again. How fortunate I am to have found this site and for everyone to take the time to help me, offer advice and share their stories. I want to continue to take care of me and I definitely I need to be reminded of that. And I am also going to need help setting some boundaries. This is so hard for me. Why is it so easy to lose yourself in someone else's addiction?

xoxo to all!! <3
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Chloe: I am happy that your son seems to be settling in at the rehab. My son really does like it, and feels really good again. However, I am not getting real excited about any of this because he also manages to settle in when he is in jail/prison!! Scary. He definitely does well in controlled/structured environments.

That said, I continue to pray that this time he will see the light! I continue to remind him that there is no way he can ever come back to our home to live. He understands because he knows what a butt he was while he was here. He really did burn his bridges (re staying here) this time. It was 3 weeks of hell! He has since apologized for being such a bad housequest!

Hope your son continues to do well.

Hugs, Devastated