Its ok to say No

Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Its ok to say No

Things have been ok with me. I wont lie, I did snoop a few weeks ago. I realize this hurts ME. Whenever I get the urge I tell myself to stop and I come here to read.

Before X mas ah saw a Dr. because of some pain he's in. Long story short... AH claims dr. will not call him back. A few weeks ago I suggested Ah call family Dr. have them call Dr. and let them relay results to AH. I only made this suggestion because Im so sick of hearing him talk about this situation. THis Dr. AH saw is a Dr. I took my daughter too (an orthopedic surgeon) Both me and daughter LOVED him. There is a reason this wonderful Dr. isnt calling AH back.

AH brings Dr. up tonight. Again I suggest calling family Dr. He tells ME TO DO IT for him. I told him NO. No, period, end of sentence. Needless to say he didnt like hearing NO.

Now he's on this rant about how selfish I AM. Grrrr.I can not think of one good reason why I should make that call. Not one. It felt good to say No and mean it. In the past I would have said yes, when I wanted to say no. Then It would take me a long time to actually call( because i didnt want to call in the first place) , All the while AH would get on ME about when I was gonna call for HIM. Im feeling pretty good about myself.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's up with this "you call" biz? Did your husband lose the use of his fingers in a tragic accident?

I like humming the "meow, meow, meow, meow" commercial song while thinking no,no,no,no.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grrrr.I can not think of one good reason why I should make that call. Not one.
Me neither! Good for you! Keep practicing saying no - it gets easier each time
Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

unlike me, you're a quick learner! Kudos to you! Makes your journey out of this hellhole much quicker! Stand your ground, you're doing fine.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. Hugs Callie, I've been dealing with this man and HIS issues for 20 years! Im 37. So, not such a quick learner. I tell myself to keep taking those baby steps in the right direction. Hang in there.