Blogs

Notices

Any ideas?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any ideas?

Ok...the latest is my ah is in a state funded treatment center. He has been there for 4 days.

I have set boundaries for myself to ensure my children and I are safe.
My boundaries are:
He cannot be here.
I will support him and we will visit him during his time of inpatient treatment.
If he leaves without completing treatment he is on his own.
I am taking care of my children and me.

Ok..He called here today telling me that they may make him leave for a night because he is being taken out of detox and in order to qualify for residential treatment he needs to bring his social security statement back. I told him that I don't know what he is gonna do but he can't come back here.
Suddenly he is a changed man and decides he is staying in there and is going to come out clean and sober for good. Ok, yadi-yada.

Meanwhile his car is sitting there. I have the keys to it but it is in jeopardy of being towed away and I kind of need to go get it and bring it home. Regardless of what happens to him it is one of our family vehicles and I would prefer to have it than for it to be impounded.

I am an hour plus away and I do not have any friends or family to take a ride with me to go pick it up. Any ideas how I can get it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beautifulgirl For This Useful Post:
litehorse (01-18-2011), wicked (01-18-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This may be a little out there but heres a suggestion. My hubby is retired and just for something to do he transports cars for a local car dealership. Try calling a dealership near you and see if they can give you the name of a responsible driver....you probably will have to pay him (or Her)) but it won't be that much for a two hour ride. Good luck. I would want the car back home also.....hugs~
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dignity For This Useful Post:
beautifulgirl (01-18-2011), laurie6781 (01-18-2011), litehorse (01-18-2011), wicked (01-18-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

how do you know its in jeopardy of being towed? can you call the town and the facility it is in and explain the situation or maybe the facility can suggest something?
I hope your not trying to get the car hoping that will keep him in detox.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tam For This Useful Post:
beautifulgirl (01-18-2011), outtolunch (01-18-2011), wicked (01-18-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dignity, I will try that. Thank you.

Tam, I only know what he told me and he told me if I did not get the car it was going to be towed. I know that if he wants to leave he is going to leave whether he has his car or not. The neighborhood is awful though, his car has value, and I don't it to be stolen or taken away.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tam

I would call the facility and talk to them about it to confirm that.. they might be able to help if not, is there public transportation you can use to get there?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tam For This Useful Post:
beautifulgirl (01-18-2011), laurie6781 (01-18-2011), outtolunch (01-18-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tam, I am actually more afraid of the car being broken into and stolen than towed.
If it were just me public transportation would be a perfect option. With 5 kids in tow, 2 car seats, and a stroller public transportation would be very difficult. If I had someone to watch the kids I would be able to go by myself but then again if I had someone I could just have them ride in my car with me and let them drive my husband's car back here.

I will figure it out. This is really a nothing problem. I shouldn't even worry about the freakin car.

It is hard enough doing everything for my kids and myself without throwing the wrench in.

I am exhausted. I want to be positive but it is soooooo hard.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tam

hang in there beautifulgirl..worry about yourself and your children. he got himself into this situation alongwith his car. I know you probaly dont need another problem with the car being broken into or stolen, but you have
more important things to do and you are doing them.
I knows its tiring, stressful and frustrating. you will get through it, take a rest tonight and refresh...remember one day at a time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tam For This Useful Post:
beautifulgirl (01-18-2011), wicked (01-18-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Tam. You're right. I need to rest and refresh. I think I have overloaded myself for the day. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to beautifulgirl For This Useful Post:
wicked (01-18-2011)