Happy, Scared every emotion you can think of

Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy, Scared every emotion you can think of

well I found out today that my AD is not going to be facing any charges and they will be releasing her on Monday from county jail....so she has been in there for 23 days and this is her first time in jail.. so i am very happy that she is not looking at prison but yet on the other hand 23 days sober is not nearly enough time for me to feel comfortable with... she is still saying that she wants to start treatment when she gets out and "never" wants to get back on roxy's but boy i am scared to death that she is going to relaps... just today she said the cravings are still so strong my only hopes is that she really means and she is also pregnant last time she was pregnant she stopped and did great for her whole pregnancy but after she had her daughter she started off with 1 and we all know how that goes. i guess just by writting this it has helped me. I do know I have no control on wither she starts using again or not. She is going to come and stay with me until inpatient has a bed for her so i have no idea how long that can be, i was thinking ok she is going to be on total lockdown, noone can come over she can't go anywhere but honstly that would be imprisonment and that is not my job.... my job is to support her as long as she wants to stay clean and sober not police her.. please tell me that i am going on the right track with this?? i do not want to do the wrong thing... Also she is going to finally have her daughter back with her as long as she can stay sober. Thanks for listening.... Happy New Year everyone..
Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish the best for you and for your daughter.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll keep you all in my prayers
Old 01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Thats a tough spot to be in because I know how much you must love her and the thought of her using again makes you sick to your stomache, but to be honest with you, you are really powerless over her addiction. I urge you to go check out Alanon it will help you to deal with all these emotions, and it will teach you to let go in a loving way. Plus you will have so much support from others who have already walked down that road. Try to remember she has a Higher Power she is, and will be protected. Keep the Faith Judy M
Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You already know that "lockdown " doesnt work..so forget that.Try YOUR boundaries..such as I will not tolerate an active addict living in my home..that may work if you are willing to enforce it..good luck..
Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm with newby and keepinon here.
Go to Alanon and get some boundaries in place for you.
We are here for you.
I know the feeling of "she has been in jail without anything, surely she will be okay until a bed opens up."
In my case, my daughter felt she needed to "party" until the time came for a bed.
Got arrested again.

Keep yourself well and safe. There is always hope, my daughter is doing well now.

Beth
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So many of us here understand exactly what you are feeling. It is really tough to see our adult children struggle with addiction. I'll keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

I'm going to chime in with the others.....Naranon and reading everything I could get my hands on about addiction and recovery helped me to fully understand that I am completely powerless over my RAS (son is currently in recovery) addiction and begin to work on me. It has helped me bring my life, my emotions, and my reactions to him under control. They are lessons that have carried over to all aspects of my life.

Let's hope that a bed opens soon!

gentle hugs
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You mentioned she is pregnant...have you checked with local facilities that deal with pregnant addicts? Many will fast track the admission under the circumstances.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Catholic Community Services has resources for pregnant women dealing with addiction or homelessness. Encourage her to call them!