Funny Dream-New Invention?

Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Funny Dream-New Invention?

So I don't advise reading about your 8th step right before bed..man did I have some dreams..but the one I remember is this..I dreamed there was a "recovery detector"..a big sign that hangs from the ceiling, when a person walks under it the sign will light up and tell you if the person is "getting it" so you can stop worrying about them.My RAD had just left after Christmas and I don't think it taked Freud to figure it out..but wouldn't that be great! i know. I know, it just means I have more work to do on myself..echh.:rotfxko
Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Keep))) - Hey, I resemble that dream!!! I've been working at both my recoveries for a while (addiction and codependency), but there are STILL times I want a big neon sign that says "yeah....you're doing the right thing" or "do you REALLY want to go there? (codie-ness, not addiction)". My other-mother, mom's best friend, who is NOT a codie, NOT an A or RA, says the same thing. She says she always starts her prayers, when she's struggling with something by saying "okay, God, you know me....a neon sign would be nice?"

FWIW, I've never gotten a neon sign, per se, but I've always gotten my answers Maybe not when I wanted them, but I got them.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-31-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have only one thing to say......get a patent.......can you imagine how many people would buy something like that! lol

CO-people in early recovery unfortunately DO need a neon sign and they need the model that has the 2x4 that swings out of it and whaps them upside the head too!

hmmmmmm..............keepinon.........if you need seed money......let me know. lol
Old 12-31-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know what recovery looks like Cynical (and my daughters is looking good right now), but I would like the sign to tell me.."Will NEVER RELAPSE"...I would love to patent it, unfortunately I beleive I would test out at a 2nd grade science level so that could be a problem....