Percocet Express – finally derailed 10 year relationship…

Old 12-28-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Percocet Express – finally derailed 10 year relationship…

I once heard in al-anon that while the addict is in recovery/meetings that the disease is out in the parking lot doing push ups. I have now witnessed the meaning in that statement.

Last year my BF of 10 years relapsed actually if I am honest with myself he relapsed several years ago after pulling his back out then finding a (pain management DR) and a PA in that Dr’s office to write him scripts for percs. He was doing ok for a long while but of course like any addict always needed more, then more and more and more. He struck oil when he discovered the PA in the pain management Dr’s office would write him a script for 90 percs if he would spite them with him. That worked out great until he’d go through those 45 pills in a matter of days then stalk and harass the PA for more. Back in May his connection got fired from the Dr’s office (go figure) and the pain management Dr would no longer see him (guess he put two and two together). He was on the brink of losing his job, losing me, his apartment everything so he found a Dr who put him on suboxone.

He was doing great – going to meetings, doing commitments, talking with his sponsor and other people in the program, then in late Oct he had an injury at work – tore his bicep tendon off the bone. With in a week he asked me to move out, said the apartment was too small, he was feeling edgy and knew he had allot to go through and as a man needed to face it alone!! LOL It was at this time he also began obsessing about a stalker neighbor who had wrecked havoc on him/me and our relationship. In the past she had chased after him like a bull. She knew he was an addict and she gave him her left over percs she didn’t use after a tummy tuck. She once confronted me and told me that I should have just died after having breast cancer because it would have made it easier for her. He found that so hard to believe that she would have said something like that but then her behavior proved to him other wise. He began asking everyone he knew about her and discovered many more unpleasant things seemed everyone he knew was telling him to stay away from her that she was no good. His rages continued!! He said he wanted to kill her for what she’s done to his/our life. Said he wanted to witness her murder and watch her get what she deserved. I had no hesitation in moving out, actually felt a big relief. I thought it was best that we have no contact and he agreed. But a few days later he was calling me and I guess the codie in me fell for it. He was still obsessing about her, saying she was seeing someone and he told her he was happy for her but when he told her he was happy she changed her tune about being in love with her new interest, told him she didn’t mind if my BF dated other people as long as it wasn’t me! When I asked him why he would even engage in such discussion with her he didn’t have an answer.

He needed surgery, developed an infection to the point of needing to have a port put in and IV antibiotics and a mega dose of Benadryl with each injection. He sounded more and more F’d up with each call so I stopped taking the calls but all that did was make him drive over to my parents to see me.

The Saturday before xmas he called and sounded ok asked me to come over and help him with his dressing and to look at his incision to make sure it was healing and not infected. Guess the codie in me couldn’t say no. He also wanted to go out to dinner and put up his xmas tree. Once I arrived he began begging me to move back, said he needed me, we belonged together yada yada yada. I would not commit and we left to head out to dinner. While walking out to my car the stalked neighbor pulled up and demanded from him to know what was going on, he quivered and cowered to her and said “my arm is infected and she is taking me to the hospital” the neighbor pulled away angry. We got in my car and of course ended up in a big fight, he said he doesn’t know why he can’t stand up to her!!! I told him he could trash his life but he wasn’t going to trash mine and that I should thank this girl for taking out my garbage!!! Told him it was over for good that I was never coming back, his response of course was that he was going to go into his apartment, pick up the cat break her neck then come hang her on my door. Then he was going to come back to the apartment and hang himself. So I came home and blocked all his numbers from calling me. A few days later he called me at work (can’t block that #) and I just hung up. Each call after that was a rage or an attempt at apology I didn’t give him the change at either.

I felt like I was the other woman, felt hurt, felt humiliated, felt he asked me there that night to make HER jealous, felt so un-loved and so un-card about, disrespected and the whole nine yards.

It’s been one whole week with no contact, he’s NOT tried calling my parents #, he’s not called me at work again and I pray that this is it, that he goes on with his lovely addiction and life.

I know it’s said they always come back but my gut tells me that this time that won’t be the case at least that’s what I am counting on.

In a matter of weeks he went down hill so fast I guess his disease was out in the parking lot doing push ups waiting for him to return.

Just needed to vent and share my own obsessive thoughts floating around in my head. I’m grateful I’ve been in al-anon for while now, the program has really helped me cope with this tragic and sad ending.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
work in progress

Sounds like he has 2 mistresses...

The pills & the girl.

I don't think this a tragic and sad ending...I think it's the beginning of a happier story for you.

Congratulations.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I believe he is/was off his bipolar meds. I have a great support system and I am avoiding going places where I might run into him. He lives in another town and I can shop at other places.

I think it's a good sign that he is not calling or attempting to stop by. Based on the past this is new behavior for him NOT to track me down when he can't contact me by cell.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am concerned about his threatening language. Do you think that you should report his threats to the police? Maybe you should get a restraining order so that he can't contact you or your family. It sounds like he has a lot of drama around him.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope he wouldn't really hurt the cat!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No carol star I don't believe he would really hurt the cat, he really does love the cat and that was 3 weeks ago. And if I actually thought he would I certainly would have called the ASPCA to have her removed from his care.