Welcome Back ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Welcome Back ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a hard year for me. I have never done drugs but fell in Love with a person who does. I was always a Happy Happy person but after awhile friends,family,and even my customers said I didn't look Happy anymore. Funny how you think you are Happy when you are not. This site is helping me to understand drugs and the power they have over people. It also helped me to realize I am powerless to control another persons actions. This is where my Happiness found me again. I no longer wonder if I am being cheated on, who she is talking to, or if she is doing drugs. If I can't control these then why was I so worried about what she did. I know I am a great person and if drugs are more important than me then so be it. I must remember that I come first and you know I must be alright if so many people took the time to ask if I was Happy and ok. Good to know they care about me. I am not the enabler anymore and it changed the world for me.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome....I'm glad to hear that SR has helped you. It has been a great comfort to me as well.

gentle hugs
Old 12-27-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Squeaky.

When I first began recovery, I learned about the 3 A's...Acknowledgement, Acceptance, Action. It didn't take me long to acknowledge that there was a problem, but I really needed to work my program to reach the Acceptance part.

I continually take action to stay in the light. I pray and meditate each day, I re-work the 12 Steps a couple of times a year, and I share here each day, learning from some and helping others who reach out.

It's a long road, this recovery, but we walk together sharing our light. I am happy to have you walk with us.

Hugs
Old 12-27-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Squeaky))) - good for you, on taking your life back!! Life may not always be a "bed of roses" but being able to live our lives, let others live there's, is precious.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy