New In Need Of Help

Old 12-29-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Dwebs))) - IMO, he has no interest in a relationship. His words say one thing, actions say something totally different. He's doing what we A's do - what we want, and damned the consequences or people who are hurt.

I can't get access to your e-mail, but when I can, I'll get back with you.

IMO, you're holding onto the good, not really paying so much attention to all that is wrong in this relationship. He blows you off to have fun with his friend, he manipulates situations to where YOU feel like you've done wrong (typical addict behavior), and what kind of relationship is that?!?!

If I were you, without a job, I'd go volunteer somewhere were people really need help and support, and are willing to do what it takes to get to where they need to be. Or animals...shelters are a great place to get love and adoration from a pet who's been abandoned.

This is just going to get worse. It takes time to build up our self-esteem again, but it's almost impossible to do when you have an addict in your life. They'll do whatever they can to prevent that, because then they'll lose their enabler.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy