How many of use are lone tonite?

Old 12-24-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How many of use are lone tonite?

And HOW ANY OF US HOW TO BE THANKFUL FOR?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me! My first Christmas alone no family or friends or my ex. I'm surprisingly okay. I'm happy that i don't have to deal with drama or yelling or anyone else's problem.

How about you? How is your evening so far?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just me and my fur babies second year in a row. So relaxed and peaceful.

Been watching my favorite movies on DVD, wrapped gifts for my immediate family to deliver tomorrow, and took my pups out for a walk to look at Christmas lights.

Gone are the days of shipping off presents for my Ex's family only to listen to drunken ranting on Christmas Eve that they won't be appreciated. Gone are the days of watching him stumble into the Christmas tree after a few too many. Gone are the days of enjoying Christmas morning opening gifts together only to have him abruptly leave for endless hours to avoid expected calls from family then come home drunk and angry. Gone are the days of broken gifts and cut up holiday cards at the end of the day because he could find no other way to deal with his feelings.

It's in these times that I look back and see what I was fighting so hard to hold onto that I realize how much I was missing out on. The peace and quiet. The happy thoughts. Thinking of where I want to go in life from here. No longer are my Christmas wishes about my EX and his drinking but instead about hopes and dreams of the future.

Happy Holidays!!

Alice
Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i was feeling pretty down because i just got confirmation that my AS was moved to the state diagnostic center this week - i will not have any contact with him over the holiday - he has been trying to call but the calls will not go through for some reason - that hurts my momma heart but i've been trying to focus on what God wants in this situation - maybe the lesson is as much for me as for my son - my other two sons are not going to be here during Christmas either - one has come to a religious conviction that celebrating Christmas as we traditionally do is wrong and therefore they are not a part of any of our Christmas activities and the other will not be here until next Friday with his family (my two grandchildren) - this is the first Christmas in 32 years without a child (even if grown) in the house - all of this has been quite burdensome today- my sister-in-law came to my rescue and kept me busy for most of the afternoon and evening but i was anxious to get here to SR because although family is good at showing love sometimes they just don't "get it" completely - i know here i will find understanding -and as usual i not only found understanding but encouragement in the positive attitudes of those who have posted - i will spend some more time watching lifetime movies about miracles and redemption and finding reasons to be thankful for the blessings God has given me - Merry Christmas to you all
Old 12-24-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

My 15-year old son and I are alone this Christmas, by choice. I come from a big family and getting together for Christmas is stressful.

I have been torn the last few weeks whether to send my AS a Christmas wish this year, but eventually decided against it. We have been no contact for at least 7 months. I am sad about it but feel it is the right choice.

To everyone alone this Christmas, I wish you a blessed and peaceful day.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a very quiet time in our house...but that's by choice!

Mixed emotions - my daughter can't come home because of warrants, but she's safe and amongst those who love and care for her. A HUGE burden off my mind since I hadn't heard from her for 7 weeks and worried that she would be cold, lonely, and alone over the Holidays.

She has an appointment with a recovery center on Monday, I pray that she will still want to go when the time comes and that this next year her legal troubles are past and she's on the road to health, and it is VASTLY different from the one we just lived through.

Have a wonderful New Year, yourself!!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am alone this year and doing fine. Enjoying the peace and quiet but most enjoying the lack of stress and drama. This is the first year in many that alcohol or drugs is not in my life. What a relief not to have the worries, pressures and disappointments that were always such a part of the holidays. Nobody is going to hurt me this year because they are loaded. Yeah for freedom and peace.

My family lives far away so chatting on the phone with them is pleasant - a little sad at times but nice enough. I accept what I have just for today and am grateful for it.

Happy Holidays to all,
Laura
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This year my immediate family all stayed home because of me and my addiction. Me and my family are pretty torn apart right now. I felt like a total loser that my family didnt go to our family christmas parties because of me. So basically my christmas was pretty depressing.