My reminder for today

Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My reminder for today

"I often ask myself what is the insanity referred to in Step Two? For me, insanity is working the Al-Anon program for some time and still thinking I can engage in certain attitudes and actions and somehow stay sane. These include resentment, jealousy, isolation, unrealistic expectation, arrogance, fear, and revenge. Are my defects my insanity? No. Hanging on to my defects when I know what the answer is and what I must do is insanity.

Step Two tells me there's a spiritual solution to my insanity. If at any particular time I don't believe I'm worthy of God's blessings, there are other program tools to which I can turn. I can go to a meeting, call my sponsor, and do the next right thing. When I do the things that are right for me to do, I feel better about myself. I begin to feel worthy. I begin to trust that God is still there for me once I again choose sanity, faith, and healing for my life."

Thought for the Day

I don't have to wait for sanity to descend on me from above. I can participate in creating it by choosing healthy attitudes and behaviors.

"In Step Two we acknowledge a power that is doing for us what we haven't been able to do for ourselves and we realize that, as we learn to rely on that power, our lives are restored to sanity."

The Forum, February 1989,p.22

I can fall back into insanity at any time. It is my choice to wallow in it, or to wade out of it.