I guess AS is not sick and tired enough

Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I guess AS is not sick and tired enough

Hello SR friends:

Just wanted to thank each and every one of you for your prayers and kind responses when AS was considering making that infamous phone call reaching out for help because he just cannot figure out why his life is so hard.

He was unavailable to me all day yesterday, but he did take calls from his brother. So he is not yet ready.

I gotta say that I'm kind of relieved (horrors to say that!) because I did not know how I was going to fit in even one ride he might need because Christmas is so close and I have so much to do. And I am still stressed out from the eye surgery that he just had that I needed to accompany him to, etc.

But God is good, and AS's journey into the recovery part of his addiction will happen in God's time.

Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah, whichever fits!

Sojourner
Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It seems that when they begin even talking about wanting to get clean, it's a start. A beginning that still may take weeks, months, or years to get them there. Recovery does happen in God's time and not ours. And the journey is a bumpy one.

You have your head in the right place. You and your dear son will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FGB

As Kindeyes said, it's a start! I will continue to keep you and your son in my prayers. Please enjoy your holidays, for you! Hugs, FGB
Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really saw my daughters progression..from LOVING her druggie life, to wanting to stop SOME of her use, to realizing she was a full blown addict, then talking about quitting on her own, trying,failing, going back out harder than ever, to calling us and really surrendering. My experience has been that they toy with the idea of sobriety for quite some time before they actually surrender.
Glad you are busy and focusing on the holiday...you are a really good example of recovery!