My son may be sick and tired of being sick and tired

Old 12-18-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My son may be sick and tired of being sick and tired

Hello friends: I'm sharing here and at my Alanon meeting but with no one else yet.

I've spent the last couple of days with AS again with the eye. This time was for surgery and then back again 24 hours later for a postop follow-up. That went fine, but he is in a lot of pain. I stayed away from his many attempts to suck me into an argument. I gave the whole thing to HP.

Last night, one-half hour before I left for my meeting, he left a message that he is ready to talk to the people I had suggested he could talk to who could help him find out what his root problem is. I did call him back and talk to him about that. He was not in any horrible emotional place - he was just sitting on the couch trying to relax and apparently is re-evaluating his whole situation.

This is a first - his willingness to voluntarily sit down with strangers and try to figure out why his life is so hard.

I will call him Monday with the number as they are closed on the weekends.

I am asking that you all put him on your prayer list that come Monday morning he is still willing. I am also asking for your prayers that I will continue to be calm enough to see our HP's wisdom and guidance for me. I still have to work and do Christmas in the middle of all this, but this is really quite the Christmas gift.

Sojourner
Old 12-18-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FGB

Lots of prayers and thoughts for you and your son. Ooooh, I hope it works for him! Hugs, FGB
Old 12-18-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You and your dear son have my prayers. It is a beginning and that's a good thing. Staying calm in the midst of everything is a challenge but it has certainly helped me with my own son. It sounds like you are employing your recovery tools and that's the real gift.

gentle hugs
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You've got it...sure praying for a good outcome for him. Take care.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of prayers for both of you. I so admire how you have been able to hang onto your own recovery and be there to support him through this injury without enabling him. I think I would really struggle with that, and my struggle would have an adverse impact on my recovery as well as on my child. You have handled it with grace and strength and compassion. I truly believe that your approach has helped him to think about what he needs to do to change reality for him. You have given him the respect and dignity to figure this out on his own. Lots of hugs and prayers.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

fingers crossed over here...even if it doesn't happen on Mon., this is a really good sign!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Many, many prayers going up for both of you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will pray for him. As someone said it is a great sign and i hope he pulls it. My love to you.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FGB

Thinking of you today, and sending prayers, that your son follows through and makes those phone calls today. Fingers crossed too! Hugs, FGB