My heart goes out to all you parents

Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to all you parents

I really feel for all the parents who have had or currently dealing a child with an addiction. I myself am dealing with my exab and father of my child. I am slowly learning how to let go and move on. I know I can and deserve to find someone who loves me the way I deserved to be loved.*
Being a mother myself I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must be to see your child go through this. And how hard it must be to not to try to save them. To have to try to cut contact with them,*to have them call you all the horrible names, to wonder if they are safe and to know them their entire life and see them succumb to this awful disease. The hurt and pain I am going through is so much different than a parent would feel. I will never stop caring for my exab but i know one day I will finally wake up and realize I have to have no contact. One day I will move on. But as parents we will never stop loving or worrying about our own flesh and blood. How can you move on from your child? It must be heart wrenching. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. * *
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes it's hard but it's not hopeless. As long as I draw a breath, I will have hope.

Hugs
Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
it is what it is

thank you so much for your thoughts -
Old 12-26-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for trying to imagine our heartache as parents. I find a number of people in Ananon who think dealing with addiction in a spouse is the same as dealing with in with a child. I recently found Families Anonymous. The group I have been attending is primarily made up of parents of addicts. While I will never stop attending Ananon meetings, I plan to become more involved in FA in the future.