AD got arrested last night

Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AD got arrested last night

well I am really not sure how I feel right now. My AD was arrested last night. She has not called me yet to let me know I of course look on the county website every morning to check and this morning and low and behold there is was, looking oh so bad.. it does not look good they have her on trafficing charges along with two others. A big part of me is relieved to know that she is somewhere safe and i do not have to worry everynight if she is going to OD, get killed, or any of the other bs.... but prison man thats a tuff one for me.. I do know in my heart that this is the best for her right now to get help I just have to pray that she see's this as a chance to change... one minute I have it under control but then the next minute I loose it... whew I never imagined how hard this whole process is and will it ever end??? I guess I just needed to get this out so I can be strong for the rest of the family cause I know they are going to need me more now than ever and my angel granddaughter is going to now have a mom and dad in prison wow never in a million years could I of ever imagined this... Thank you lord for giving me the strength to carry on and take care of my other children and granddaughter...
Old 12-13-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hang in there and stay strong. This could be the impetus for her to change the direction of her life, but first, she needs to face the consequences of her bad choices. Whatever happens, it will be okay.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

****{hugs}}}
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BBD

hugs and let hope this is an eye-opener for your daughter. So tough~~especially at this time of the year. Hugs~
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Yankee

I know how you feel and I am so sorry you are going through this right now. I was relieved when my exab was arrested (every time he was arrested I should say) because I knew he would be safe as well. But it is also a relief to know that I would not have to put up with anything from him, his drama, his relapses...ect. And I felt guilty for a long time about feeling happy he was there. But that passed soon after. Take care of all the little ones and be strong.....hugs to you.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((bear hugs)))))
Old 12-13-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just keep working on your serenity and your grandaaughter will beneift imensely.Now is the time for more meetings!:ghug3
Old 12-13-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this. I understand the mixed feelings you are experiencing right now. I have also checked the jail roster daily to see if my son shows up on it. When he did a couple of months ago, I felt relief, anxiety, fear, anger, sadness.....I think I went through every emotion. But the emotion that surprised me the most was when I saw later that day that they let him out......I felt disappointment. I was hoping that they would hold on to him longer so that he would have time in a sober environment.....even if it wasn't the ideal sober environment.

Be strong for your family and know that we are all here for you because you need a source of support too.

gentle hugs
Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i know you are reeling with this new situation but prison is certainly not the worst thing that can happen and it does give them time to clean up and think - my AS has been in jail for six months awaiting placement in the state correctional system - he is more and more determined to make this time worth something - of course, the real test will come back on the outside but he said he realizes that it was going to be this or death - i'm very thankful that he is where he is right now and that he has a chance to make a new life for himself - i pray your daughter will use this time to do some serious soul-searching - and as momma you can just rest for right now - take care of yourself and let her see that good example of how to live - blessings
Old 12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Though I never went to prison, I did do time in county jail and a diversion center (like a work-release, in custody thing). It gave me enough time, off the dope, and having to deal with my own emotions to finally start believing this was NOT the way I wanted my life to continue.

Big ((((Hugs))) to you, as I can understand the mixed emotions. I put my family through hell, with my addiction. Today I am going on 4 years in recovery, and I would have never gotten here without having had to deal with some major consequences.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy