2 weeks today !!!

Old 12-02-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 2 weeks today !!!

My husband has been clean for 2 weeks ! He started taking antabuse-- for those who are unfamiliar-- it is a medication you take daily and if you have a drink you can get very very sick. I know this is not the answer to everything, but with out-patient treatment, it is going very well. Maybe he will have some time under his belt to establish a good path...... I am cautiously optimistic and enjoying each day. I would like to hear from anyone with a similar experience.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi my husband is on suboxone and atabuse the program he entered is out patient also. His DOC is heroin but they require him not to drink also while in this 2 month program. He has been going a week so I cannot help you on how it may turn out yet. I have to say it is hard because he works all day and is at his program till about 9:30 pm Monday through Friday. So I am pretty much a single parent and taking care of almost everything. As you said I am enjoying everyday though just knowing he is not using. He also seems to be there when we speak now and not looking at black hole. He is helping with what he can in our home and with the kids and just seems to be more involved already.

I will be praying for you and yours : )
Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You may find more people with similar experiences on the f/f of alcoholics board
Old 12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great time as he focuses on his outpatient program, that you may want to find an Alanon meeting or two. I know sometimes people think why should I go to meetings when he is the one with the problem, but the "anon" programs are to help friends and families who are impacted by alcohol and drug addiction in their lives. I am not sure how I would have made it through the toughest challenges of living with addiction if it wasn't for these boards and Naranon meetings. Glad you have found SR!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing well. Does the program he is involved with have family programs? I began my own journey of recovery (codependent) when my son was in inpatient treatment four years ago........before that time I didn't realize that I needed help too. My recovery helps me to stay grounded whether my son is using or not. I am learning (it will be a lifelong endeavor) to change my own behaviors (and boy did my behaviors need to change!)

I hope that your husband continues to do well and that you do too.......one day at a time!

gentle hugs