23rd birthday not what we planned

Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

23rd birthday not what we planned

My RAD turned 23 on Saturday. Our plans were an early dinner, cake and ice cream, presents, then she was going out with a friend.

What actually happened was the above, but not going out with her friend. After she got another controller for the wii and new games, they stayed home instead and played for a couple of hours.

Then we all went outside, started a bonfire, had sleeping bags spread out around it, and laid on our backs watching the cotton ball clouds race across the face of the moon.

None of us ever thought a day or night like that would happen three years ago. We've all been busy living our lives, my daughter and I have been busy working our recoveries too, and then unexpected calm and contentment happened.

There are no guarantees with recovery, only that we'll find a better way to live. And we have
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awesome!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, that gave me goosebumps reading it, Chino! Recovery is a beautiful thing indeed.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
My RAD turned 23 on Saturday. Our plans were an early dinner, cake and ice cream, presents, then she was going out with a friend.

What actually happened was the above, but not going out with her friend. After she got another controller for the wii and new games, they stayed home instead and played for a couple of hours.

Then we all went outside, started a bonfire, had sleeping bags spread out around it, and laid on our backs watching the cotton ball clouds race across the face of the moon.

None of us ever thought a day or night like that would happen three years ago. We've all been busy living our lives, my daughter and I have been busy working our recoveries too, and then unexpected calm and contentment happened.

There are no guarantees with recovery, only that we'll find a better way to live. And we have

OMG, so like do you have netflix on your wii yet? Total cyber addition.

Like seriously..... First it was You Tube, I was addicted to watching my dance flash videos like we were Fab Famous, ha ha, and now it is Net Flix.
Oh My Goodness Gracious...........

It's a must in this lifetime. You've got to have it.......

That is awesome about your night, don't you just LOVE IT!! :day6

That calmness and contentment and just living life.... It's the best feeling ever isn't it.....
Old 11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is so sweet!!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I see that you are counting your blessings.
What a great celebration.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Chino, That post made me soooo happy for you. When you least except great gifts like that your not looking for them. Sounds like your going to float through the holidays a happy mom. Glad you enjoyed.. we need that! Hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The moon wasn't the only thing shining there....your recovery is shining through too.

What a heart lifting post, thank you for sharing your joy.

Hugs
Old 11-22-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FGB

I'm just so happy for you. Enjoy!!! Hugs, FGB
Old 11-22-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
it is what it is

chino - when i first read the title of your post my heart skipped a beat thinking that maybe something bad had happened - but then i read what really happened and my heart just swelled with happiness for you, your daughter and your whole family - and i send praise to God for the beauty of that time!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

so happy for you, chino.
blessings to you all.
yep. goosebumps.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OMG..I was thinking what Litehorse was..oh no ..not another relapse..but what a WONDERFUl suprise instead! Hope, hope, hope....
Old 11-22-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So happy for you all! I especially like the bonfire and sleeping bags...sounds like so much fun!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Chino))) soooooo very happy to read this. Remember when I told you your relationship would evolve into something better? Well, it's even better than I ever imagined You're living proof that when codies and addicts work on their own programs and give each other space, dreams can come true.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Spiritual Seeker, I am indeed counting my blessings and there are many! Each day is a precious gift, one more opportunity to love and be loved, even if from a distance. In the end that is all that matters. I thought of you and your son as each moment unfolded. I don't know what tomorrow brings, there is only right now.

Amy, I thought about you, too. Your words gave me hope then, something to work towards, and they still do. No matter what happens in the future, we have this now and it's a good foundation to continue building on

Thank you everyone, for sharing in my joy. It was too much to hold in and it was meant to be shared
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Chino
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful event. Recovery is a beautiful thing.
gentle hugs