Back from the land of dead computers...An update

Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Thumbs up Back from the land of dead computers...An update

Well, shortly after I was last here, my computer blew up. I finally got it back a couple of days ago but have been working. Not sure where I left off, but here is where we are today:

My son detoxed on suboxone for five days, then voluntarily entered treatment. After that he enrolled in an Intensive Outpatient Program involving 4 group meetings a week for 3 hours at a time. He has gotten a lot out of them; comes home and talks about all he is learning. He has been clean for 48 days. He has 4 more weeks to complete the program and get his certificate. He doesn't have to do it, but he says he is going to.

Final court date was yesterday. The felony charge was reduced to a misdemeaner. Sentenced to 11/29 suspended, supervised probation, 200 hours community service.

So for today, things are looking up for him. He is back to his old, sweet, self. I didn't realize how much he had changed over the past year. He got a new job at Red Lobster (he's been a server for 3 years) which I am ok with. They serve alcohol, but people don't just go there to get drunk. The bar area is about as big as my bedroom, lol.

About a year ago, I started praying "God, please, whatever it takes to bring him back to You." That's the scariest thing I've ever prayed. But God works in His own time and His own way, and He is so much better at it than I am!

I'm taking it one day at a time, and for today, all is well.

Love you all!!
Jen
Old 11-19-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well isn't that all some good news!Lots to be thankful for this year, eh?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's such good news and it sounds like he's taking his recovery seriously.

I had to laugh, I've said many scary prayers and sometimes I swear I hear God snicker. He's got it all covered, no matter how scared we are. All we have to do is turn that fear into faith.

Hugs to you, I'm glad you're back. You bring a lot of light here and we missed you.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad your computer and your son are both back on track, Jen! So much to be grateful for!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's so wonderful that your son is doing so well in his recovery. I'll keep him in my prayers that he will continue to trust his HP.

gentle hugs