To the RA's on F&F

Old 11-19-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To the RA's on F&F

I just want to say a special thank you for being here.

I appreciate all of the posts, feelings, shares, and experience from everyone here so much, but I have to say that I am particularly grateful for the replies of encouragement and insight from the RA's here in F&F of SA. So often you say the words that I long to hear from my son. Or you share an insight into his world that helps me better understand what he is going through. Or you give encouragement that those of us with addicted loved ones are doing the right thing even when our hearts are hurting so bad.

I'm so glad you're all here and I'm so glad that you are clean and sober. Thank you for taking the time to give back.

gentle hugs
Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I second the motion!RA's
Old 11-19-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That warmed my heart it's amazing that you guys are so kind and forgiving despite what you have gone through. My Dad was an addict and I followed suit (6 months clean) so I have given as good (or bad) as I got in my adult relationships, but my Mum has been nothing but inspirational in dealing with relationships with addicts (including me) and still has encouragement and posivity towards people trying to make an honest change. You ladies are truly inspiring thank you
Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We've all used each other as mirrors in the most unhealthy ways, and it's the RA's who showed me that. My therapist is an RA too, and he showed me how to turn the mirror around. If I mirror anyone now, it's because I see their behavior as healthy for me, as inspiration. I no longer confuse my identity with another. I see MY face in MY mirror

PS: anvil, I'm so glad to 'see' you again