Does anyone know what this might be?

Old 11-18-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone know what this might be?

My husband is addicted to oxycodone/oxycotin. Most of the time he crushes and snorts the pills. I have just found some sort of pink liquid in a bottle with the label scratched off. I know it's not his bc part of the label is still there and it has the name of Kelly on it. He has also recently purchased an oral syringe. Anyone know what this substance is? He has it hidden so I'm sure it's not cough syrup or such. Thanks for any help!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Don't have a clue. Being the substance police must be tiring. Hope you can learn to detach from his behavior and start taking care of you, regardless of what he does.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Sukki is so wise..does it really matter what it is..he's abusing drugs..that's what active addicts do.What is your plan?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My son's methadone came in a little white bottle with his name on it..it was pink also
Old 11-18-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I looked it up online and it says methadone can come in a pink liquid form.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just hide it or if you are brave enough throw it away. Wait for his reaction, usually if its something that will make him high he will tear the house apart looking. I used to hide my sons oxys (he snorts them too) and watch him look in the strangest places for them. Eventually he would give up and look at me. I was afraid of him so I would never flush them. Or I should say I was afraid of the huge scene that would evolve.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's sounds to me, like it's methadone. All that is, is synthetic heroin. Why don't you ask him? Do you think he will lie? I hope he decides to go for some help and get treatment. The drugs he is using are very dangerous. My heart goes out to you. It's not easy putting up with people that use these substances.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vicodin and Oxycodone can also be had in liquid form. Probably varies based on the generic manufacturer but I believe the Oxy can come in a pale redish color.

Realistically, it is likely some form of Opiate. But then again even it if wasn't an opiate, he is still in possession of a prescription that is not in is name which is illegal one way or another.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You already know that he is addicted to oxy's what does it matter what else he is using? Addicts can switch their drug of choice as often as we changed our underwear.

The question is? Is this how you want to spend the rest of your life, checking on an addict?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are all right. It doesn't really matter what it is but I like to be informed to make informed decisions. Call it a fault of mine if you want but it's a tic I have. If I asked him point blank, he would tell the truth (maybe not the whole truth but he will not lie). The problem is I'm not ready for him to know I know where all his hiding places are. Once he knows I'm aware of more than he realizes, he'll get better at hiding it. I don't know what to do at this time. His hididng places are not within a child's reach (thank god) but the babies won't be small forever.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

confusedhill,

Are you in any type of recovery for you such as alanon or naranon?
I agree with cynical one I would not hide it because we may think we know how they may or not respond too things but we really don't and that could get dangerous.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It is most likely Methadone, I used to go to a Methadone clinic and you get your dose in a liquid form. Looks and smells like cough syurp. It's an opiate, and has a long lasting effect. It is good for the right reasons(chronic pain), but it is pure hell to get off of.