We're doing the right thing?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Whenver I felt guilty for not letting my AD stay in our home..when i was worried about what was going on "out there".. I reminded myself that this is a kid who smokes meth, sticks a needle in her arm, uses any drug she can find anywhere. There really wasn't any MORE danger "out there" she hung out with users, dealers, probably shared needles..and that was all while living with me. They put their lives at risk every time they use, they live a dangerous lifestyle no matter where they lay their head at nite. My sponsor suggeated I allow my daughter to really live in her addiction, wallow in it and see what she thought.
When you are an active addict often you are :homeless, jobless, friendless, broke, hungry, tired, unclean, sick.. in general in is not a fun lifestyle..these are the consequences of active addiction and sometimes they have to fully experience those unpleasant consequences to hit their bottom and want to change. Hang in ther you are giving your daughter a valuable lesson right now and protecting your serenity. I did exactly what you are doing and it is hard, but not as hard as having a front row seat to the destruction. Is inpatient rehab on the table? I had a standing offer for when she chose it.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Keepinon, inpatient rehab is certainly an option and is what her counselor at outpatient is recommending. I'm just not sure if she will go at this time. She still maintains that she has not been using and working hard at recovery. If she truly believes this... then, in her mind, it is not needed. Time will tell.

Thanks again to all for your support. I've been pondering much of what's been shared in this thread and hope that others who are walking a similar path find strength and encouragement too.

Hope
Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope44 View Post
somewhere along the line.... she got lazy? Confident?
as much as we try and figure it out, we usually just cannot.

she's just not done yet.

hugs to you; you're doing the right thing.