SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   My baby girl is here! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/212492-my-baby-girl-here.html)

newblue82 11-02-2010 06:47 PM

My baby girl is here!

Hello forum family! So here's my delivery experience... I went in at 8:30 am Monday morning for my pre-checkup and found out I had dilated 2cm but baby hadn't dropped. I returned to the hospital that afternoon 4:30 pm and at 5:30pm, prostaglandin was introduced into my cervix via suppository to see if it would help me dilate more.

7:30 Tuesday morning (scheduled due date) I was checked and hadn't dilated any further nor had baby dropped. At 8:00am they put me on the pitocin drip. I began to have regular contractions (very unpleasant but NOT unbearable, concentrated on my breathing and didn't let the discomfort overwhelm me) I dilated up to 4cm but my doctor didn't feel that things were happening fast enough so he broke my water bag to see if we could jump start things. The contractions became more frequent and stronger but still manageable.

By 11:30am I requested my epidural. Here's when things got complicated. I had a somewhat unfavorable reaction to the epidural. Both the baby and my blood pressure dropped, I experienced ringing in my ears and a tingling sensation in my fingers, my words became slurred so they had to stabilize me and put me on oxygen. Once I was stabilized the doctor decided to do a c-section (though I had intended to deliver vaginally) not wanting to put the baby in anymore distress (she still hadn't dropped and my cervix was still at 4cm).

By 1:30 pm Tuesday (c-section took about 20mins) I had my beautiful baby Breonna weighing in at 6lbs 10oz 20.5inches long. She's 3 days old in the picture of my avatar. When I say she is utterly stunning and an absolute delight as a baby I'm not being prejudice. When I first heard her cries as they dried her off I couldn't stop the flood of tears and neither could her father. I'm sooooo in love!

Anyway I just wanted to share my first time experience with you all and reassure you that it's a painful process but not impossible. I just told myself women have babies every day, if they can do it so can I!

Freedom1990 11-02-2010 07:02 PM

Congratulations! What a precious wee one, and a beautiful name for her! :hug:

PS. She has more hair than me!

greeteachday 11-02-2010 07:05 PM

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful! Isn't it amazing how we fall so completely in love for life in the flash of a moment? Wishing you all health, happiness and light!

newblue82 11-02-2010 07:12 PM

Thank you! I feel truly blessed. This last year has been incredible and so far everything I have set my mind to accomplish has happened for me. I keep thinking about all I've been through up until this point. How much pain and mental, emotional anguish I went through with my exAGF and I'm just so glad I managed to break away from all that and start a life for myself. It's been a rejuvenating and empowering time for me. Although I must admit, I still care very much for my ex. I'm glad I've managed to stay in recovery or else I fear I might have missed out on all of these great experiences.

lc1972 11-02-2010 07:19 PM

Congrats and she is beautiful : )

Freedom1990 11-02-2010 07:26 PM

I just noticed you are in Louisiana. My old programming instructor at tech school hailed from Lake Charles originally. :)

newblue82 11-02-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 (Post 2755175)
I just noticed you are in Louisiana. My old programming instructor at tech school hailed from Lake Charles originally. :)

I'm originally from Alexandria which is about 1hr 45min from Lake Charles. I lived in Lake Charles for 2 years immediately after graduating from LSUA. It's a nice city, pretty quiet. I enjoyed it.

gotahavfaith 11-02-2010 07:41 PM

Beautiful Daughter!! Glad you and her are doing good. Congrats....

Gotahavfaith

Ann 11-02-2010 08:15 PM

She is just precious and absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations and big hugs for you and baby Breonna :hug:

SlvrMag 11-02-2010 08:24 PM

Oh how beautiful!

Congratulations!!

crazybabie 11-02-2010 10:44 PM

Congrats, you have a beautiful daughter and there is nothing like good baby love.

dollydo 11-03-2010 03:55 AM

Awwhh, what a head of hair, how lovely!

CatsPajamas 11-03-2010 04:48 AM

OH congratulations she is just beautiful. I love our SR babies... I get to be a cyber grandma!

Hollyanne 11-03-2010 04:48 AM

She is Beautiful! Congratulations! What a head of hair!

Kindeyes 11-03-2010 06:26 AM

Thank you so much for sharing the birth of your beautiful daughter. It is an amazing experience that stays with you in vivid detail for the rest of your life. She is beautiful. I love babies.

gentle hugs

BBD 11-03-2010 07:06 AM

Congrtas and she is so precious. Enjoy that lil girl and take care..Smiles, Bonnie

Serenity Bound 11-03-2010 07:39 PM

Congrats!!! She is absolutely beautiful!