Irrepressible Goodness

Old 11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Irrepressible Goodness

Irrepressible goodness

Though there is much to be concerned about, there is far, far more for which to be thankful. Though life's goodness can at times be overshadowed, it is never outweighed.

For every single act that is senselessly destructive, there are thousands more small, quiet acts of love, kindness and compassion. For every person who seeks to hurt, there are many, many more who devote their lives to helping and to healing.

When something needs to be done, even if it is difficult and demanding, there is always someone who steps forward to do it. When problems arise, there are always those who are eager to deal with them.

Though the goodness of life does at times suffer setbacks, it always endures. And when it is challenged, the goodness of life comes back stronger than ever.

For in the darkest moments it becomes vividly clear that life is a priceless treasure. And so the goodness of life is made even stronger by the very things that oppose it.

Open your heart and look around you. You will see that goodness shining in every direction.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I read this today and wanted to share it here.

For in the darkest moments it becomes vividly clear that life is a priceless treasure. And so the goodness of life is made even stronger by the very things that oppose it.
In hindsight, I wouldn't trade any of my dark moments, even the most painful ones. It was during those dark moments when I could finally find the light that led me to a better life, a happier life, a life worth living again.

I hope to never go into that darkness again, but even there I found what I call a strangely wrapped gift...the gift of seeing how precious life is and the lesson to stop wasting even one day of it.

Hugs
Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
it is what it is

ann - thank you for sharing this - our lives are determined by our choices - sometimes those choices or someone else's choices bring dark days but God's guidance through those dark times help us become stronger more compassionate and loving people - my son and i actually had this very same conversation just last friday night - he had read a book that had a section in it that spoke of this kind of growth and after he shared what the book said he said that he realized that the dark days he has brought into his life has changed him in much the same way - although we would never want bad things to be a part of our lives sometimes they bring growth in a way no other thing can
Old 11-01-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Open your heart and look around you. You will see that goodness shining in every direction.

-- Ralph Marston
Ann
Thank you for sharing this. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by the troubles that life dishes out that I fail to see the goodness and beauty. When I sit and think about it.....there is far more that is good and beautiful but we can't see it because we concentrate on that which is sad, or frightening, or hurtful.

Just for today, I'm going to open my heart and try to make that a habit.

gentle hugs
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I find so much beauty in every day, today. It very well may be the same beauty that has always been there, but I wasn't looking, wasn't paying attention.

It's hard to explain, but after all I have been through I have never felt more "alive" than I feel today.

I am grateful to recovery and all those who have walked with me along the journey, because it was those people who held their light for me when I could not find my own. They cheered me on when I felt like giving up and I am blessed that those who went before me showed me a better path.

Hugs
Old 11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((((((((Ann))))))))))))))))
You are a GODSEND. You have had so much pain in life, with your own son, and GOD only knows what else. And yet, you have the ability to rise above the hurt, and not let anything or anyone pull you down.That shows the true spirit of the LORD working in you. I wish I could be like that. When I am hurt, I shut down, and barely function. Not intentionally either. I admire you. Your a beautiful person, inside and out. I sure hope some of your goodness rubs off on me. :ghug3
Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've found that if I don't seek goodness and light, I will not find it. Negativity breeds negativity just as hope and love bring out the positive and the beauty in the world. I can not surround myself with negative people, for they will try to bring me down to where they are, and I don't want to be there. Thanks for sharing this, Ann...Wonderful words to live by.