jail

Old 10-30-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

jail

i know i still seem in a desperate place, but i have been reading a lot, thinking a lot, and trying to work this all out. last night i found myself in a better place then this morning i got call that she was in a better place- jail.

a cop we know had been spotting her and telling her to get out or he'd pick her up one day. he did this morning. he told me she looked pretty rough. she has $3000 fines in old warrants. it is saturday morning which means she won't get out until monday at the earliest, but i hope they keep her this time.

it's weird timing that last night i felt something releasing from me and that she got picked up today.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

steve,

are you going to stay away from the jail?
are you not, going to bail her out, or put money on her books?
if you do anything to release her from this consequence, it will be you who pays the dearest, and she will be back to where she goes.
stay away. no contact. none.

beth
Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree Steve, DO NOT BAIL HER OUT. THE best thing that happened for my xah was jail. It was the ONLY thing that would have gotten him clean. He will tell you himself he had NO intentions of going to a rehab, even though he was spewing rehab talk to his family and I. Leave her be in there. No calls, nothing. I'm sure the calls will start, don't even put yourself through hearing the whining, begging and pleading.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no way!!!!!

not a chance i would bail her out. i am hoping they keep her for a while so she can at least get a little clean.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

do you visit them in jail?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

huh?

what are you asking?
are you wanting to go visit her?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I guess that would be one way to take photos of institutional buildings....a human warehouse!?!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Steve, don't even take her calls, you'll only set YOURSELF up for misery. Do NOT go visit her either. Step out of the way and let this process through without your intervention. They've got medical there to help her through the detox as best they can.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Steve, I have just one questions here...

What are you doing for YOU?

This circus will continue all day every day until you do something for you and stop the insanity. You can do nothing for her, maybe it's time to stop the drama and do something for yourself?

Meetings are a good start.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

no, i dont want to visit. i was just wondering how that all works. still dont know how much time she'll get
Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
no, i dont want to visit. i was just wondering how that all works. still dont know how much time she'll get
Seriously Steve, what bearing does that have on your life? Whatever she gets for time, whether or not she gets visits, what does that have to do with your life?

You say that this is the 'only' side we see of you on this board because this is where you share your thoughts and feelings.

Be honest with yourself. How many waking hours do you spend every day when you are NOT posting/reading on SR, giving up space in your head, rent-free, to her in some manner?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tam

Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
i know i still seem in a desperate place, but i have been reading a lot, thinking a lot, and trying to work this all out. last night i found myself in a better place then this morning i got call that she was in a better place- jail.

a cop we know had been spotting her and telling her to get out or he'd pick her up one day. he did this morning. he told me she looked pretty rough. she has $3000 fines in old warrants. it is saturday morning which means she won't get out until monday at the earliest, but i hope they keep her this time.

it's weird timing that last night i felt something releasing from me and that she got picked up today.
a cop you know has told her to get out or be arrested, after he has been spotting her? all of a sudden she is arrested and you find out so quick? I suspect you had something to do with it steve. now your using the system, tax paying system, if the cop has spotted her previously then why was she out and about this long with warrants?
I too know many of the cops here in town, I havent used them to arrest my AH for driving under the influence, so he would go to rehab,which I could have plenty of times when he lived here. I figured he would get caught by himself anyhow (which he still hasnt) but I dont think intentionally stepping in and using police to get someone into rehab or sober is the answer and it isnt.
why are you continuing this obession that you can cure her and using all kind of antics?
Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

tam- i had no part in it. the cop went to school w her brother. he gave her a couple of breaks and didnt this time.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

You know what is so funny about all this?

While she be out in a few days back out on the streets with a vengeance of her own free will, your a prisoner of your own mind serving a life sentence.

Sad - very sad.

Steve, are you afraid to get cured.

Love you brother
TB
Old 10-30-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I sure do agree with Time, you are living in a self imposed prison, one with invisable bars, yet one that keeps you contained by your own codependancy and obsessive thoughts.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

One question for you Steve... why do you keep tabs on her and what she is doing? If I sound cold it is because there is something troubling to me about a man that obsesses THIS much over a woman. Particularly a woman who is in a very vulnerable state as she is. Why is a cop reporting to you? Cop friend or not.

Even if your motives are coming from a 'good place' this is a toxic type of situation for both of you and you do know that. But there is lots of 'what is she thinking? What is she doing? where is she? who is she with?' types of questions which are painting a picture of a man entering into that dangerous obsessive territory. Prove me wrong Steve.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

If this were an alanon/naranon meeting we would be suggesting that you keep the focus on you and not the addict in your life. I don't understand your focus of just updating us on the latest escapade of what is going on with her sad life.

Are you concerned that your focus here is on her and what she is up to? There isn't a one of us that is surprised about anything that you are reporting that she does. We've all lived with the same to some extent or another.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow lightseeker just said it.I know Live has been saying it too, just not as bluntly. We are just getting updates of the escapades and boy have we already been there.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Steve
Sometimes the kindest thing we can do for the addicts we love is step out of the way and let their higher power do the work that we aren't qualified to do. I'm saying this as much for myself as I'm saying it for you........let go and let her higher power do his job. She's in jail.....see......he's already working on her.

Now.....what are you going to do for Steve today?

gentle hugs
Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
it is what it is

Steve - i've read your posts and the responses for several weeks now and i know how much you are hurting over this situation - i also, as all the others here, have had to fight our codie demons- please, for your sake, listen to the wisdom that is being shared - you must let her go her path, and free yourself to become a whole, healthy person - you want her to be well but you have no control over that - what you can control is you - if she does get into active recovery and you haven't what have you gained?