Beautiful Boy (book recommendation)

Old 10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beautiful Boy (book recommendation)

A few weeks ago I finished a very moving, true story called Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction, by David Sheff. Have any of you read this? I would highly recommend it to anyone whose loved one is a drug addict, especially to parents. I could relate so much of what he shared to the situation with our AD. Check it out on Amazon and check your library - that's where I found mine.

Just sayin'... if anyone's interested. :-)

Hope
Old 10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
it is what it is

I have read it and it could have been written by just about any one of us here - his son also wrote a book about his addiction it is called Tweak - gives a perspective from the other side -
Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've read it too Hope. Good book. I've actually read it twice. Once when I thought that alcohol was my son's major issue and again in the last couple of months. It hit home more now that he has moved to some hard drugs. I haven't read Tweak yet though. I may pick that one up.

I'll give Beautiful Boy a thumbs up too!

gentle hugs
Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great book

I recommend this book to everyone who is dealing with an addict. It is a great example that even if you have great resources, great parents and excellent treatment addiction is a long heartbreaking road for everyone involved. The journey the father goes on through the ups and downs of his son's active addiction and relapse and how he finally begins to get help for himself will be a familiar path to all families of addicts.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've read this book as well as his son's book Tweak. I found them both very true and enlightening. I would recommend both to get both perspectives. I have a AD and could relate.