soooo confused

Old 10-22-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

soooo confused

I don't understand what's happening. When she was incarcerated, she would write letters saying how grateful she was for all I did for her and so sorry for the things she did to her family. She would want to call just to be able to hear my voice and even told me she just wants her mom (me). Well, shes been out about 2 weeks now. She doesn't seem to have anything to say to me now. She called and asked for a ride home from her meeting last nite and all the way home she just looked out the window. I asked if she had a productive day her response wa "I alway do". silence. I asked of she would like to stop at the drive in for ice cream "no" When I got to her place she just opened the door said "thanks" and that was the end of it. It's as though she resents me now. She asked if I could get her some jeans at the goodwill so she picked out 2 pair. Am I being used? It changed drastically from the 6 months whe was locked up. Do I need to say something to her about how I feel? I'm afraid it will just turn into a battle and I don't want to go there. Is this normal when someone is trying to get sober?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it is rude.

My X-stepson did very much the same thing tho' with his father.
He was a grown man but seemed to think once he got out that everyone should be making up to him for the things he lost or missed out on while being incarcerated.
That didn't work out at all.
He had an attitude problem.
I had very little patience with it.

I've no idea what is going on with your daughter but perhaps you need to set up some boundaries so that your feelings aren't being hurt.?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter has been snotty and short with me during her recovery. Moms and daughter..yikes. I agree w/Live about the boundaries. What my RAD's therapist said was.."you've taught her to take from you without giving anything back". I can't really stand Dr.Phil, but I do like his quote.."you teach people how to treat you."Stop driving her.Stop buying her stuff until the attitude of gratitude kicks in..that is part of recovery.Easy to say hard to do, but I am making myself do it.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

PAWS might be behind her silence or short answers. Or not. Maybe it's PMS. There are a thousand things it could be.

My daughter still gets like that every now and then, and I treat her the same way I would want to be treated. I leave her alone with her thoughts and feelings. If her moods begin to affect me, then I step away like I would with anyone, telling her the truth, "I'm having a hard time dealing with your mood so I'm walking away now."
Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

keepin on-
both of those quotes are helpful.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what is PAWS?
Old 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Post acute withdrawal syndrome

I bumped a thread about it for you