Daily Detachers Thread...Part 2

Old 10-22-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Daily Detachers Thread...Part 2

The detaching continues from Part 1 which can be found here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...thread-21.html
Old 10-22-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Congratulations, Detachers, carry on.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm excited to see my baby nephew this weekend. He's 8 months old. My mom is watching him, and I'm going over there to enjoy the baby! He's so beautiful and happy
Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tam

I signed up for another 5k this sunday for families of cancer patients fundraiser. over 500 people expected. my brother is taking my niece to watch me at the finish line. (she lost her mom to cancer 3 years ago and we are very close) I was so excited until last night. have taken a few steps back in my recovery actually quite a few ..BUT I am going to try my hardest to pick myself back up and run, going to be tuff just dont know if I can do it mentally..whewwww..
great thread lets keep it going!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am counting the days till Amber moves out.

I love my daughter, but I want my house back to myself.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I detached from my son the day he left rehab early and went back to the same group of friends. My daughters have been strong in backing me up when I get weak. I have only seen him once in 2 months, I begged them to let me have him over for thanksgiving dinner. I needed to see him to know for sure he was back where he started. He behaved quite well, although my daughters had their ears up against the bathroom door after I went to bed and said they heard him snorting his pills. That was a huge disappointment to me, could he have not layed off just this once. I had to leave next morning for an appoint. and he was gone when I got back. Left a long note thanking me and asking if we could do it again soon. Some of the bricks on my wall came down, sigh, building them back up slowly but surely. Time for an all day horse ride in the woods, nothing helps better than that.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Islandcat, I am so sorry for your disappointment.

My daughter has 4 horses, and they are her 'therapy' in life. I hope you enjoy your ride, dear!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I fell off the wagon getting too involved in MIL's new illness. If she really has one???!!!

Sweetie pushed me back up on it. LOL

So envious of the horseback riding!

I have promised myself a home spa bath this evening.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyBuchanan View Post
I'm excited to see my baby nephew this weekend. He's 8 months old. My mom is watching him, and I'm going over there to enjoy the baby! He's so beautiful and happy
sounds like really good medicine
Old 10-24-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I took the plunge and (at 55 years old) applied for a new job. I was offered an initial interview and then a second interview with the VP. Keeping my fingers crossed that if it is the right thing for me, it will work out.

Also, stayed this weekend with my 8 yo great niece while her parents were out of town. We went to the local county fair and the rodeo. I let her do a "make over" on me and we took pictures to send to her mom.

with love,
Old 12-05-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kids and I dug the Christmas tree out today. Amazed at the triggers! Found a note that xah left in the box last year saying he was pretty sure that was our last Christmas together. He dated the note 12-27-09. 3 days later he got 1 of his 3 omvi's, which led me into the worst winter of my life.

He managed to jack up my 12 foot Christmas tree. Kids and I got it up and fluffed. Freaked out because alot of the lights aren't working. Probably because he tightly duck taped each section prior to dragging it into the garage attic damaging lights. I stressed about it all day, but decided I'm ripping out the old and putting in new lights.

Christmas was always a favorite of mine. It's been tainted the last 5 years due to drugs. I'm doing my level best to make it the best for my kids. I'm so glad to not have this in my life anymore. Christmas is a great reminder of what I don't want to ever go back too.