rock bottom or closure?

Old 10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

rock bottom or closure?

as I sit here typing this,next to me is a letter from an attorney. his attorney. he has filed for divorce, thats okay , but he also is demanding money. something I dont have.they are demanding I use all our equity for this. what then Im left with a huge debt? apparently he owes the couple money for living with them for the last 10 months and also money for his medications etc.etc.and money for the next 7 months. (rent a couch)I guess they are hitting rock bottom, no money to support him, the person they worshiped the ground he walks on. his story isnt flying anymore with them as money didnt come their way by now, they expected me to file for divorce by now and they would get money. which there is none! so will be calling my attorney tomorrow.Im okay, was saddened, but to be honest I also knew we were headed to this. what really saddens me is he is gravely ill as stated in the letter but what can I do? I cannot and will not lose everything I have worked so hard for so many years. he has shelter, he has food, he has health insurance. they dont need anything more.I am a survivor, just another battle to fight. but I wont give up. I will continue to pray for his health, I dont wish any harm on him. But I have to protect myself too. I want each and everyone of you to know that if it wasnt for this forum I truly dont think I would be here today holding my head up and living each day as best as I can given the circumstances, but I have changed, I have gained strength, I have found peace in my life. I will always love him,the true man I married, but addiction is now out of my life. I need to take care of myself, he has made his bed, (couch I should say) and sadly thats where he will continue to live his months or days out, such a dreary, miserable, depressing life. and no matter what we think we can do for them,no matter how much we try, no matter how much we show our love, the bottom line is its their choice how to live. drugs are much more powerful than anyone of us.I had made my amends to him a few weeks ago while he was hospitalized, I have done more than most wifes have done and that I am thankful for,proud of and will have no regrets or guilt. again, thank you everyone, keep strong, keep getting support, reach out and try to get your life back, find happiness, find peace. you deserve it..a big hug to you all!!!!!!! talk to you all soon
Old 10-21-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tam, I am glad you are seeing your own lawyer. What you own is weighed against what you owe, so it could turn out he gets nothing, or very little.

Big hugs for you today, and lots of prayers too.

You are a brave lady and this just can't be easy for you. Just remember that you didn't cause it.

Hugs
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Tam, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. You sound like you are in a positive place despite it, so stay strong and hang in there. You will get through it. ****{HUGS}}}
Old 10-22-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good luck tam, sorry to hear that you have to deal with this, as if you haven't given so much already.