a little down...and on surrender..your feedback much appreciated

Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If you look under my user name you'll see a blog entry. It's about a friend of mine I had to let go of. I hoped my friend would recover, our friendship would be restored, but I didn't count on it. I have my friend back now and she's recovering, one day at a time

I also have other friends I had to let go of and they are still gone, years and years later. Sometimes our paths need to be taken separate from one another, and I'm good with that.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I surrendered my life and my obsession with my son's life and addiction on the way home from getting him out of a crack house one time. I drove 60 miles to do that, we left and spent the night at his apartment where I slept on the couch with one eye on the door.

I left the next morning and knew that he too left to head back to the crackhouse.

On the way home the tears began and I had to pull over. I told God that I could not do one more day like that and gave our care to Him. It's hard to explain but I felt instant relief, I KNEW that God was just waiting for me to let go.

Today I say a prayer each morning asking God to take care of my son who has been missing now for 6 years, lost in his addiction somewhere. It still helps me today to give it all to God.

That didn't take the sadness away, I have had to grieve and go through that process on my own. But it took the desperation and obsession away and allowed me to get on with my life and live it well...as God intended.

Surrender didn't take the control away from me...I never had any control and thinking I did was an illusion. What surrender did was allow me to give up the fear, the pain and the desperation and accept that I was truly powerless over anyone else.

Hugs