SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Obstacles (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/210622-obstacles.html)

msmom 10-05-2010 02:15 PM

Obstacles

Hello friends,
My AS is sitting in the lobby of our local hospital rehab, having been denied insurance coverage even for detox. I have spoken to him a couple of times today, but cannot do anything more. I feel I cannot speak to him or take him back home. He can go to a non-medical detox (opiates) if he wants to. I am totally drained in every way possible. I belong to a great Nar-anon group, and they are so wonderful. I am still feeling very sad. My son's dad died of his addiction almost 20 yrs. ago. I am scared too.
God bless you all for being here.
Lena

Ann 10-05-2010 03:34 PM

Lena, I will keep your boy in my prayers.

Hang close to your Nar-anon group right now, there is nothing like live support to get you through the tough days.

Hugs

PurpleWilder 10-05-2010 04:31 PM

Have you tried the local Salvation Army? I understand they offer a free drug/alcohol rehab program. Don't know about detox, though.

litehorse 10-05-2010 04:37 PM

Lena - my prayers are with you and your son - the fear is always there but focusing on giving control to God brings comfort and strength

msmom 10-05-2010 04:51 PM

Thank you so much, Ann. Yes, I spoken to some naranon friends today, and will go to another meeting this week.
It is SO hard, but I know I must continue to take care of myself. We all have our own HP's.

I'm so grateful for your support, too.
:thanks
Lena

chicory 10-05-2010 06:14 PM

Lena,
My heart goes out to you, and you and your son will be in my prayers tonight.
Stay close to your group, and this is a great place.
That salvation army may just be possible for you and your son.
keep posting.
hugs,
chicory

Kindeyes 10-05-2010 07:36 PM

Lena
Your son will be in my prayers as well.
gentle hugs

msmom 10-06-2010 09:29 AM

Thank you all so much. My son has been accepted into a detox/rehab in our area. Thank God. It is tomorrow morning, however...so we'll be hanging in until then....the beginning.
My love & prayers for all of you, too.
Lena
:c031:

EJG123 10-06-2010 12:36 PM

Excellent news. I will be praying for your son's recovery and that you get some peace of mind knowing that he'll be treated.

msmom 10-07-2010 12:08 PM

more obstacles

:tapping

Originally Posted by msmom (Post 2730059)
Thank you all so much. My son has been accepted into a detox/rehab in our area. Thank God. It is tomorrow morning, however...so we'll be hanging in until then....the beginning.
My love & prayers for all of you, too.
Lena
:c031:

Spoke too soon, folks. He is there, STILL waiting for insurance approval...on appeal.
This is the most horrible development...perhaps. I ask for your prayers that HP's will be done.
Thank you all.
Love,
Lena