Don't know

Old 10-05-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have you read Mooselips threads?She got left holding the bag on her youngest sons car (she cosigned).He got arrested and the car is impounded.Her name is not on the car so she can't get it, but on the loan so she must pay it! I am taking her lesson to heart! You do what you need to do, but protect yourself. If you are anything like me youare already out tens of thousands on your AD... hang in there and definately do not listen to people who don't get it and want you to enable. I hope it all works out for you, the kiddos and your AD.:ghug3
Old 10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i most definitely support your decisions. people who have not lived with the pain, desparation, the hopelessness, the relapses of addiction do not understand that you can't consider going back to that horrible place again. you need to protect yourself, while loving your child. i think you are.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

lostparent
Just another Mom here who understands what you are going through. It's tough enough dealing with loving an addict without other people unexperienced people telling you what you should or shouldn't do. Hang in there. Work your program. You're doing fine.

gentle hugs
Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dear Lost,
I went back, to read about you and your journey here. I must say that you are one heck of a woman! I was so touched by what you have all been through with your AD, and her struggles as well. I now understand much more and would like to respond to your post of a week ago.

You know your daughter best of anyone. You also love those grandbabies so much. I would imagine that you have given them quite a secure life, and I am sure that you do not want anything to mess with that. Your daughter has a way to go, tho it sounds like she is making progress. She has a lot to learn tho, doesn't she? It would be so wonderful for her to learn how to be self-sufficient, and to be able to learn about how to live now. I wish her well. You surely have had answered prayers, haven't you?

I believe that you can make the right decision for all concerned. You are very kind and wise, and love your family.
I am very touched by your story, and I am going to be praying for you, your family, and your daughter. I hope to hear how it is going. And it sure is obvious that Higher Power is keeping you in his care.

wishing you peace.
chicory
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

chicory ...Thanks so much for the kind words an taking the time to read what has went on in the past. An YES I have had prayers answered in the past. Being able to protect my grand kids was just one of them.