90 days

Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days

Took my AD to a 90 day program she wanted to go to, but I have mixed feelings as always. I know part of the reason she wanted to go was that her option to live here and continue to use was over. But at least she chose treatment over living with other addict friends.

I have desperately longed to be away from her problems due to all the consequences of them as you all can relate to I'm sure. But I'm feeling very strange today. I believe it's probably because I have only recently begun seriously working toward my own recovery. I'm still very caught up in all things daughter and drugs and to have her suddenly removed from the environment is different. I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess since this is her 2nd rehab I'm just not as naive as the first time around.

I'm grateful for this forum and for all of you guys that post your experiences and opinions. It is truly a great help.

I have so much work to do.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there...I wish it my AS would decide to go to treatment so quickly...I hope she means it this time. All we can really do is give them the option to get help, and try to learn to take care of ourselves.

I think we get so used to the chaos that we really do forget how to live our own lives, it's a hard hard thing..having a child as an addict. Just know you are not alone...I feel your pain..
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My kiddo is in her 2nd rehab and I too am not at aese. I fear relapse...it's that simple.BUT, the sober time and program they get the better.Someone once told me after treatment they ust can't "use with impunity" ..takes the fun outts their addiction. She sounds like although she may not want to quit, she isn't having any more fun. A smart kid said at my AD"S 1st rehab,"I don't really want to quit drugs, but I want to be happy and I can't be happy and Use" . Maybe that's the point she is at. Use this time for your recovery, regardless of what she chooses. Hang in there..I feel your pain!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it is normal to have mixed/unsettled feelings under the circumstances. It sounds like the outcome of her rehab will determine whether she can stay in your home or not. At the same time, her presence/absence might have ramifications for your own recovery. I hope everything will work out. Hugs to you and your daughter.