Starting a prayer box

Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting a prayer box

So many times I say here and IRL, "I'm praying for you." I keep a list of names (but it's not always handy) and some I remember in my head, or I stop to say a prayer right then, but I've just had a better idea. I'm going to buy a crystal box and keep it next to my chair here where I sit with my laptop. Whenever I see someone who needs my prayers, I'm going to write down their name and put it in the box. Every evening as I shut down my computer, I will stop to pray for all those sweet souls whose names are in the box. God will know who they are.... I will feel better for making sure I haven't forgotten anyone.

Anyone have a prayer 'system' they want to share?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love your idea.

I try, once a day, to light a candle for the addicts who still suffer and say a prayer that God will watch over them and their loved ones. It's an angel candle holder and somehow this brings me peace.

I believe our prayers are heard, no matter how small our voice.

Hugs
Old 09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tjp,
I like that idea too. I just received a crystal box from work, and i am going to do that too. I wondered what to use it for, and now , it is perfect.
I just love this forum, and all you on here.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awakening

I pray for all of us, but focus more on "our FF side". I figure there are a million resources for the others, not so much for us.

Then I prioritize like this.

I ask God/HP/The Universe to bless all the children first.

Then I ask Him/It to bless all of us who have lost loved ones to this disease.

Then I ask for blessings for all of us still struggling with the after effects, like myself.

I figure that covers pretty much everyone I think needs it.

Thanks and God bless us ALL,
Coyote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sapphire,
I will pray for your friend, he is the first name i put in my little crystal box!
hope all goes well for him and for you,
hugs,
chicory
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Saphire. Your friend will be in my prayers also.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((tjp))) - great idea!!

I pray, throughout the day, also say a "thank you" as often as possible.

I used to have a "prayer" list, but once I got on SR, it got really, really long and I was afraid I'd miss someone. So now, I pray for "everyone who has touched my heart...you know who they are". I do say special prayers (and will say one, now for "N" ((Sapphire), when I want to make SURE God hears me

I also say, every night "thank you for my life...the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am grateful". If I hadn't been through some "ugly", I wouldn't BE so darned grateful!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sapphire - Welcome! I certainly will pray for you both. I'm glad you're here.

I went 'shopping' for the perfect box and I found it! Look how pretty!!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Love the idea!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

Great idea!

I pray for the addict in my life, my ex boyfriend. Although we have had no contact for 2 months, last I knew he was in inpatient treatment and had 6 months sobriety. I pray that he continues to chase sobriety like he has chased his drugs. I pray that he is able to be honest with himself and forgive himself for his past so that he is able to move on from it. I pray for him one day at a time.

I pray for all of my friends on this forum who are facing hardship and difficult decisions in the times to come. That they are able to find their inner strength and beauty and truly understand the power they have to control their own lives. That they are able to realize that saying goodbye isn't the same as giving up. I pray that my friends will understand that the best gift they can give to others is their own personal health, both physically and mentally.

I pray for all active addicts. That they are able to realize that the strength will always be in their hands to fight for sobriety. That they will want to FEEL what it's like to live again. That they will want happiness for themselves, their families and loved ones, far MORE than they want to feel NOTHING. I pray that all addicts will finally get 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' and demand recovery.

And I pray for all addicts in recovery. That they will continue to live day to day. And enjoy the healthy life they have regained in sobriety.

xoxo

Im editing this:
I actually thought this was a prayer box thread?!??!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tam

I pray everynight with a crystal cross with the words "hope" inscribed in it with rosary beads too.
I pray for my husband tim,he is very ill from his CML leukemia and pain meds.
he vomits constantly and was recently hospitalized for 21 days. His health has declinced since he left in january and I fear he wont make it.
I pray everynight he finds sobriety,gets off these pain meds,gets strong and healthy again and able to fight his cancer. please pray for him too..thank you.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

Thank you for sharing Tam. I am praying for you and your husband right now.

xoxo
Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There is a place on the internet somewhere (have to Google it) where I can light a virtual candle that will "burn" for 48 hours. I would do this for real at home, but with 2 busy kids that candle wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

tjp
What a beautiful idea and the box couldn't be more perfect.

Purplesquirrel
Thank you for sharing the light a candle.....i just lit one for my son.

I pray for all of here and our addicted loved ones daily.

gentle hugs to everyone
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

tjp, love your idea. Sapphire - Tam....please know I'm praying for your loved ones right now.

I don't have a special way.......however, each morning & nite....(sometimes more often) I pray a prayer of thanks for all of my blessings, I also pray for each & every one of our addicts to find recovery, for those in recovery to be guided to stay in recovery and for each and everyone of us (the loved ones of addicts) the same guidance.

Hugs & Prayers for all of my SR friends.
Chris