Been coming here for 6 years now

Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The day I posted this I was able to work out a pymt with our family dr. and took my daughter in. She had the flu and didn't charge me for the flu test. In the past week, I have prayed so much more, and God has provided! I would never ask for money or help from family, but my sister just out of the blue sent me a little saying she just had a feeling I could use it. My husband has now been through the hiring process for an incredible new job and hopefully we'll know tomorrow if it's officially his. It will be working long shifts so I think that will be good for everyone.

Things are still very tight but looking up.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am in no way neglecting my daughter...I never said I wouldn't take her in, but that I had no money to. I know you don't know me, but if you did you'd have never even thought that of me. If you read my reply, I found a way to have her seen and she's fine now.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Delighted to hear you were able to take your daughter in. I hope she is feeling better now. Flu is no fun

I know it feels like a personal attack when someone would question the issue of getting medical care for your daughter. We can only see a situation from the viewpoint you've posted here and we don't have all the details, as you've noted. It's only natural that fear and concern would rise up at the mere idea that money would go to pay for an addiction or the consequences thereof rather than a doctor visit for her. It's not out of the realm of what happens in a family with addiction really. Kids go without. Utilities get shut off. Families do wind up without a roof over their heads when addiction is involved. Folks here have lived through it themselves and their hearts skip a beat when they think it might be happening to someone else. Please keep that in mind.

Glad to hear some good news about his employment. I hope that comes through and you can start to see some positive changes!

Alice
Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

bb
This thread is very heartbreaking. It's obvious how very much you love your children and you must love your AH to stay with him through such an ordeal for so long. You are a good, kind, loving woman. I hope that you are taking some of that kindness and love and showering it on the person who deserves it most....you.

Sometimes we get so wound up in the addict and the children that we completely forget about ourselves and we become so very sick. At least.....I can speak for myself here.

Just curious.....do you attend any Naranon or Alanon meetings or anything? One of the primary goals of the 12 step programs is to help US find and maintain serenity whether the addict in our lives is using or not. It sure helps me. I hope you'll do some things to really nurture yourself......you are worth it and you deserve it.

gentle hugs