OkAy tHeN: "OUR" Famous Last Words ...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by NightandDay View Post

"if you knew him from before, like i did, you would think he's the most amazing guy ever."
ummm-OUCH!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by tsukiko View Post
He's not like you; he wouldn't survive on the streets.
omg-just said that to XAH 2 days ago when discussing AS...
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

"He's not like all the other addicts! I mean he never stole from me."

Not something I said but what I see a lot here.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Do you need anything, like cigarettes (on the phone with STBX while he is on his way to rehab)

Calling the rehab center 4 times on his first night of rehab trying to get ahold of STBX because he called me using someone elses calling card and asked me to call him right back.

Same thing with me Jerect. His counselors and I became bffs quickly. It's a relief that they're in rehab, but hard because you're left hanging with no control and not a clue what's going on. Is his head in the right place, is he going to leave, is he just going through the motions. You're right, take the back off him and put it on you. Unfortunately, I learned that many times rehabs leave you with a clean version of an addict. At least that's been the case with my xah.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl

Unfortunately have gotten way too reaquainted with the f bomb. Yikes...and I used to hardly ever cuss. Guess it's just easier being mad at the world. - That's me too...I moved in with my parents this summer...and at one point my dad looked me square in the eyes and said, "Enough with the cursing...I didn't raise you to talk that way...and I don't want to hear it...I don't care how old you are!" Yikes, how embarrassing...I didn't even realize my potty mouth had gotten that out of control!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I have to say that I'm not enjoying this thread as much as the one about the addicts' last words. . .I think I need to get working on my recovery even more! BIG YIKES. (I hope I can come back to it & laugh. )
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yorkie,

Yes, I do understand, forces us take a close look at ourselves, we codies are just as sick as the addict. Hard to admit, but true!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I was a little worried about that.

But turn around is fair play -
and I often thank the Infinite ....

... for the gift of finding humor ... in the ridiculous.

cause if I couldn't laugh...I'd just get mad.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

He has never known what a better life is and can be (I will show him)
This is too teach me to be a more virtous person (made me crazy and neglectful)
It's a disease, he can't help it sometimes (and sometimes he can)
He just needs the right help (and I will be it)
His childhood is a mess, he is troubled (I will soothe him)
He can't handle himself (I will teach him)
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I put a nice new shiney lock on my back gate. To keep him out. He kept jumping the fence and knocking on my bedroom window, screaming and calling me names, this went on all hours of the morning and night. I had enough!

I warned him, and, I warned him, he kept jumping the fence. I called the sheriff, by the time they arrived he had jumped back over to the other side and he was gone.

I warned him, and, I warned him again. This kept up for weeks. I gave him one final warning and he laughed at me and said "Try and stop me B".

Ok, two mornings later, he was back over the fence. I hopped out of bed, grabbed my BB gun, went out on the back deck and started firing, he was jumping around like one of those animals at a shooting gallery, and, I am a firing. He is screaming, your crazy..with that my neighbor comes out of her house and starts yelling, "Dolly, more to the left".."Lower, Lower", he hid behind the shed, boy, it really made a racket when the bbs hit that metal shed. It was one of those repeater BB guns, lots of holes in the shed.

Well, off he runs, bobbing and calling me names, he finally gets to the fence (6ft) and clears it in one swoop, like a gazell.

I never hit him once, I am a lousy shot. I am not proud of what I did, I had lost my mind, I was as crazy as he was.

He never jumped the fence again and I have a new shed, the other one leaked every time it rained and the wind blew from the side. Gee, I don't understand why!

I warned him!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
tam

LOL dolly, thanks for the laugh

our mail:

he kept going through our mailbox while I was at work (looking for
financial stuff or cc info,checks etc.) so I went to the post office and opened up a p.o.box and had everything forwarded there...but I didnt want him to know, so I kept a stack of medical bills on the table and each morning
I would put some in our mailbox, each day I changed the stack,every night they still remained in our box.then I thought well maybe he isnt looking anymore, so one morning I put a bank statement (custodial account with my nephew) in our mailbox with some medical bills and low and behold it was gone when I came home from work!! the medical bills were left behind, I would have loved to see their faces when they saw the amount in the account and my nephews name!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Tam,

That's funny!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
tam

here is a funny one,
his car:
was on our property for 6 months disabled, intentionally disabled. I didnt
personally do it,but knew who did. He threatened me numerous times
he was calling the police on me for tampering..nothing came of it. in july
I came home from work to find him, the police and a tow truck at the house.
I buckled, however nothing was said to me..but I knew in time I would be
questioned, I called my family and discussed with them how I would be arrested and I was going tobe honest..that night I didnt sleep, it was quiet, the next day again quiet..but then I saw his car at our mechanics and I started worrying.
it just so happens the 3rd day I took off of work for a p.m.onc.appt, I decided to spend the morning and lunch at the state park/beach alone.
I usually dont go far into the water in fear of infection but decided to go
in knee deep to splash myself cool as I was coming out a town police officer drives in (the state police always monitor the area) and I thought right away Im getting arrested,so I dove in head first and swam quickly to the deep end..he drove away..nothing became of it except I had to leave early to take a shower and do my hair! I bet the police laughed and still do cause I do.(we both grew up with the officers and we were and still am on friendly terms)
Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Hee,Hee, sounds like something I would do.