SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Update on my son's recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/208602-update-my-sons-recovery.html)

Angelic17 09-07-2010 11:35 AM

Update on my son's recovery

I just got back home from Florida, and I am proud to say that my son is looking very well. He is clean and doing all of the right things. I am so thankful. We spent the past 2 weeks together, and he is able to sit, and watch a movie. He has helped me cook and clean. He looks fabulous and he is back to being his old self again. I am still amazed at the way the opiates had affected his personality. He was a completely different person when he was on those drugs. Now he is back to being my son. I am very grateful. Knowing addiction, I take nothing for granted. But, just for today, all is well.

Here's a special thanks to all of you here at SR. For being there for me, and helping me to realize the difference between helping and enabling. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. THANK YOU. Love Angelic17

keepinon 09-07-2010 12:18 PM

Yea!!!!!!!!!!How awesome for you!:ghug3

TheEnd 09-07-2010 01:02 PM

As they say, we do recover.....

Kindeyes 09-07-2010 01:26 PM

Angelic17
I am so very happy for you but even more so for your son. I hope to someday have the opportunity to get to know my son again as you have. I will keep you both in my prayers.

gentle hugs

Angelic17 09-07-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kindeyes (Post 2701897)
Angelic17
I am so very happy for you but even more so for your son. I hope to someday have the opportunity to get to know my son again as you have. I will keep you both in my prayers.

gentle hugs

Kindeyes, you will get to know your son again. I went through years of torment and suffering with my son's addiction, and still at this moment, I know it could go sideways at any given moment. I take nothing for granted anymore. I do believe you will get the chance to know your boy again. It took years for my son and I to get to this point. My son is 29 now, and he didn't start using hard drugs until the age of 25. So it's been 4 years of straight horror. If my memory is correct, your son is a bit younger than mine? There is always hope, and I do know how you feel. :hug: It's awful to see our children ruining their lives and their health, and frustrating not to be able to do a thing about it. Prayers will be going up for your son, and so many others who are battling this awful thing we call addiction. My heart goes out to you kindeyes. Just 5 months ago, I didn't know where my son was, or what he was doing. He was out there. Hang on to hope. Hope and Prayer is what got me through the tough times. I am praying for your son.

chicory 09-07-2010 02:46 PM

Angelic,
How wonderful for you and him, that you had this precious time together. I am praying for your son, and prayers of thanks. I am happy that today is a whole different day for him, than 5 months ago. I am happy that he is having good times.

I know that we worry, about the going sideways, but i figure , why not completely enjoy each blessed moment, a day at a time.
big hug,
chicory

Ann 09-07-2010 04:58 PM

His recovery and yours are shining brightly!!!

None of us knows what tomorrow may bring, but learning to embrace today and live it well is all that matters.

Hugs

BBD 09-07-2010 05:13 PM

That is just wonderful. Great hearing about happy endings....

coffeedrinker 09-07-2010 05:50 PM

You must be on cloud 9. Thanks for sharing good news!