Please Help Me Pray For This Family

Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thumbs up Please Help Me Pray For This Family

This past Sunday I went to a church family nite with my brother and his wife she sings with a group of recovery people.

There was a child there singing she is very good. She mentioned about the support she was gratefful for at her church due to her dad not being there for her due to his addiction.

There was a supper later after the meeting and I went up and talked to the child. I told her a little about my brother who was there with me and how bad he was and how it affected his children. I did this after having her gma come sit beside me and start talking about what a piece of dung the child's father is and that he can play any instument and sing. My brother was sitting next to me and I told the lady that I am sure he is a very sick man and that I would like to lift him up in prayer. She grumbled about him some more and it struck me like a ton of bricks how this child has to hear all the negativity about her dad. I was floored by how listening to this must really be tough for that child. I talked to her about standing in the gap in prayer for our loved ones and aksed her if she would pray for my family members who are still out there and that I would pray for her family as well. SHe liked the trade off I think.

I remembered how it made me feel when my mom would spit out nasty remarks about my dad. Oh so yucky and shamed BIG OUCH!! If you talk to your children this way about their addicted parent you are hurting and cursing your child all the way down to their DNA it is awful and you can be sure that that addicted person suffered this kind of stuff too.

Any way I ask that you wil join me in prayer for this suffering family, the child, and her dad.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I know how powerful codie prayers are
Old 09-01-2010, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Splendra) What a blessing for this child to meet and talk to someone like you, with a heart filled with compassion and light. My thoughts are that she will remember this conversation for many years to come. You brought hope and forgiveness, something she may not have seen in a very long time.

My prayers go out for this child, and for all children whose lives are touched by addiction. God bless the child!

And God blesses you too, Splendra, by putting you in the path of those who need to reach out to you.

Hugs
Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

How encouraging for that precious little one!! What a God moment!!!!!

So So So very grateful that you were able to share HEALTHY compassion!

prayers said for that little one, for the dad and especially for the gma -

I know as an untreated al-anon my words and actions hurt my daughters just as much as the actions & words of their alcoholic/addict father did - Grateful today for the ability to be a living amends to them.

Prayers for every member of the family affected by this awful disease!
Thanks Splendra for carrying the message!!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You, this child and her family have my prayers.

gentle hugs
Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanks everyone for the support. The girl is a beautiful person with a beautiful voice. She just hugged me big when I said to her that I was sure that her dad does love her in spite of what he does. I was hoping to help her feel better and ended up feeling better myself.

My younger brother is getting ready to go back to prison and so my whole family has been going thru kind of a rough patch. My older brother is feeling really sad about it and is doing a lot of stuff to help keep his mind off of it. Thank God at least he is clean so that is a blessing too. He really wanted me to go to this meeting with him and his wife and I am really glad I did. Hearing the young one sing was a real blessing.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Splendra))) - I too, will send up extra prayers for you, this girl and her family. How awesome that you were able to shine a bright light into her life!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy