Just an update

Old 08-22-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update

Hi It has been a while since I have posted on here. Why because things have been ok so I tend to not need help and that is a lie I tell myself. I have a few updates.

I am back together with my ABF. He has 3 months sober and has committed to a sober house for a year. Nothing to do with me as I had left him and blocked communication so for the time being that is quiet.

However my codepency has gotten worse and I had that sense of impending doom waiting for the ball to drop so from reading here. I found a coda sponsor and am currently writing my 1st step. It is bringing up a lot of pain that I am ready to face finally.

I went to an alanon meeting tonight. I will try 6 but a woman recognized me from open AA and said my speaking at a meeting had a great impact on her and that was awkward. I felt like saying yes I am an alcoholic would you like me to speak here lol.. But I know she meant it in an appreciative manner.

I keep reading and thank god for this place.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you C.
I wish you all the best at coda and alanon

D
Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
work in progress

Welcome back honey.

Day at a time.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I know I need to be here because although everything at the moment is ok with my relationship (quiet sober ect) I still find myself snooping and doing unhealthy behavior. I realized it was time to focus on me and not the addict.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

hello hello
ugh those oh too familiar codependent behaviors, isn't it so much fun!? i know that feeling too well, it's so hard to resist, even when you know it's not making the situation any better for anyone. well, welcome back and i hope you are really able to focus on loving your self and doing what makes you truly happy (cause that's what you DESERVE - don't forget that part!)

relationships in general can be a struggle not to mention a relationship between a codependent and an addict! whew! it's amazing we're all still here to talk about it! i know you will be okay, you know that your behavior is sometimes unhealthy and now you can take steps to free yourself of that each day you grow stronger and stronger, i admire you so much, great job and keep pushing on

xoxo
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
Hi It has been a while since I have posted on here. Why because things have been ok so I tend to not need help and that is a lie I tell myself.
I do the same thing.....things are going smoothly so I stop reading, I stop going to meetings, I stop coming to SR. And the codependent behaviors that are so deeply ingrained in my brain, come creeping back to slap me upside the back of the head again. I wonder if it's the exact same thing that an addict does when they relapse. I imagine it is. Maybe someday, I'll get it figured out that I need the consistent support of my Naranon meetings, literature and my fellow recovering codependents here on SR. I need to stop lying to myself too.

gentle hugs to you