SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   AD wants to go to rehab (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/207465-ad-wants-go-rehab.html)

keepinon 08-20-2010 05:13 PM

AD wants to go to rehab

Woke up this morning and my husband was on couch (should've been at work). AD called last nite, wants to be done etc. Husband tells her she used that day, call in morning if she still feels the same. I freak out, tell him to go get her. She is willing to go to hospital (heroin detox), filthy, no shoes, scabby,I meet them up there. They give her fluids , antibiotics, blood test. She has progressed from smoking to shooting. I am calm, not lecturing, suprising the he** out of myself, but my alanon training all kicked in. She says she wants to go to rehab..it's Fri. and no one will return our calls! The social worker even tried..no dice. We are waiting to hear from two places.

So here I sit with her on the couch watching movies and hoping against hope that this could really be it, BUT fully knowing she could take off anytime as so many other kids have. i know its out of my hands and up to her, but any good thought, prayers, vibes are more than welcome..we shall see:c016:

tjp613 08-20-2010 05:26 PM

Is she in the hospital or home with you now?

Ohhhhhhh, I'll pray and pray and pray for you all.

Thank goodness she finally called!

Onewithwings 08-20-2010 05:42 PM

You guys are in my prayers. I hope something opens up soon! I had no luck finding a bed this last go-round, but I have been able to stay clean on my own (with the help of NA and my higher power) for 18 days now.

summer017 08-20-2010 05:58 PM

I am keeping you in my thoughts. I remember the struggles I faced in the same situation. My boyfriend decided he wanted to go to rehab (YAY!) - you'd think it would be smooth sailing, but trying to find a bed, esp. in his situation no insurance, can be just as frustrating to say the least. Just make sure you are firm with them and stress the point that this is an emergency. I can't say I was able to find any relief from my stomach turning - but it sounds like she has found her bottom and hopefully is in it for the long run. Keep your head up and I hope that you are able to find a bed very very soon. Keep us posted?

xoxo

keepinon 08-20-2010 06:11 PM

We got her a bed on Mon. good Lord willin" and the creek don't rise she will be there, She is sleeping on couch now..just hopes she sticks it out..probably not going to be a super relaxing weekend for any of us, but I am turning it over. Just got the last rehab paid off..hope this one sticks.......

litehorse 08-20-2010 06:17 PM

you and your daughter are in my prayers - a mother's heart takes such a beating on this ride - i am so glad you have the strength of wisdom and knowledge gained from your time here and Alanon- although it is a difficult time and you don't know how it will turn out -this time of feeling hope can fill you up for a while-

Kindeyes 08-20-2010 06:18 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. Two days can seem like an eternity to an addict.....I pray that she sticks it out.
gentle hugs

litehorse 08-20-2010 06:18 PM

just saw your new post that you found a bed - i will remember you thoughout the weekend in prayer for strength and patience -

chicory 08-20-2010 06:23 PM

Prayers going up......

Angelic17 08-20-2010 06:43 PM

Dear Lord, Please hear my prayer, take Keepinon's beautiful daughter, and comfort her. Give her the strength to make it through to Monday morning without running out to get high. Please GOD, hear me. This beautiful girl has been through enough pain and suffering, and she is ready to change now. Her parents have suffered enough as well. They are tired, and frightened because they love their little girl more than words can say. For today we are placing this addicted child in your hands GOD. Send your angels to the facility where she will be going on Monday. Let someone who can truly help her be there for her. As the mother of an addict I truly understand the pain her mom is going through. Please GOD hear my prayer for this girl and her family. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen

Hurtbad2505 08-20-2010 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by angelic17 (Post 2686303)
dear lord, please hear my prayer, take keepinon's beautiful daughter, and comfort her. Give her the strength to make it through to monday morning without running out to get high. Please god, hear me. This beautiful girl has been through enough pain and suffering, and she is ready to change now. Her parents have suffered enough as well. They are tired, and frightened because they love their little girl more than words can say. For today we are placing this addicted child in your hands god. Send your angels to the facility where she will be going on monday. Let someone who can truly help her be there for her. As the mother of an addict i truly understand the pain her mom is going through. Please god hear my prayer for this girl and her family. In jesus's name i pray. Amen

amen!

Suzie12 08-20-2010 08:51 PM

Great parents, praying everything stays calm until Monday. Good luck, God bless.

Suzie xx

gotahavfaith 08-20-2010 09:03 PM

What a beautiful prayer Angelic. Sending my heartfelt prayers up for you, your husband and your daughter. I truly believe that I know how you are feeling Keepinon. I went thru almost the same thing 4 months ago. The next couple of days will be rough. Just keep prayin, and prayin, and prayin. We are all with you.

Gotahavfaith

ladyamalthea 08-20-2010 11:01 PM

Add my prayers as well! Please do keep us posted!

Spiritual Seeker 08-21-2010 01:13 AM

Yea...fabulous news and opportunity for change

Ann 08-21-2010 04:13 AM

Add my prayers too. The next few days of withdrawal will be rough, but when Monday comes she has that chance to change her life.

I'm holding my breath too, keepinon, and pray she makes it.

Hugs

liesagain 08-21-2010 07:32 AM

Prayers for your daughter and family......hope this weekend flies by and Monday is here before you know it.

wicked 08-21-2010 03:54 PM

keepinon,

how is it going this evening?
everyone still hangin in there?
praying, praying, praying.

beth

Angelic17 08-21-2010 05:37 PM

Dear Lord, Today is another day, and I am here worried for keepinons daughter. I know how difficult these couple of days will be with a child who is drug addicted, and not getting the correct help that she needs. For a mother to witness this type of suffering it's like torture. So GOD please hear my prayer. I am asking you to send your angels to that family. Put your bright light all around them and shield them from the evil of drugs, and withdrawals. Take that girl into your arms, and comfort her. Don't let her suffer. Wrap your love and mercy all around that family, and help them through this very trying time. Thank You Lord. Amen.

Keepinon, if your daughter is going through withdrawals, and suffering, you might have to take her to a hospital. My heart hurts with you. From one mom to another. I feel your pain. I'm praying that this is the beginning of the healing for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

:ghug3

gotahavfaith 08-21-2010 07:58 PM

Let us know how you are doing Keepinon...

Gotahavfaith