AD wants to go to rehab

Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was at work all day, then out getting stuff for rehab. she still wants to go. wants to come live here after, but that is a conversation for another day. She is still not feeling great, but better. no hospital, we were there yesterday and they gave her meds..no benzos or narcotics or anything. @morrow is husbands birthday..want to focus on him a little.Take him to lunch and the beach. Told AD she is welcome to come, but I will be spending time with him. She is a little afraid, but checked out the place online, looked at the schedule and such. Seems to be wanting it. Am trying not to pry, inquire, quiz too kuch. Want to let the rehab do their job..I suck as a rehab counselor aparently. Did explain that ther was no massuese. french chef, ot maid at this place unlike her malibu rehab. I think thats a really good thing. Her old counselor talked to her today, he is working at another rehab .wants her to ther..32,00 bucks for 90 days. thats a no go, but crazily some part of me felt guilty..insane right? so bottom line is ..so far so good, but i am fully aware this could go sideways at any moment. Thanx so much for all the good wishes.Will post again 2morrow.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

More prayers for you and your family.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
I was at work all day, then out getting stuff for rehab. she still wants to go. wants to come live here after, but that is a conversation for another day. She is still not feeling great, but better. no hospital, we were there yesterday and they gave her meds..no benzos or narcotics or anything. @morrow is husbands birthday..want to focus on him a little.Take him to lunch and the beach. Told AD she is welcome to come, but I will be spending time with him. She is a little afraid, but checked out the place online, looked at the schedule and such. Seems to be wanting it. Am trying not to pry, inquire, quiz too kuch. Want to let the rehab do their job..I suck as a rehab counselor aparently. Did explain that ther was no massuese. french chef, ot maid at this place unlike her malibu rehab. I think thats a really good thing. Her old counselor talked to her today, he is working at another rehab .wants her to ther..32,00 bucks for 90 days. thats a no go, but crazily some part of me felt guilty..insane right? so bottom line is ..so far so good, but i am fully aware this could go sideways at any moment. Thanx so much for all the good wishes.Will post again 2morrow.

Keepinon, First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUSBAND. I am glad that your daughter is safe at home with you and your husband. The thought of her on the street, addicted, and dirty is a horror. I'm happy that she does have what ever medication she needs to keep her stable until tomorrow.

Let go of guilt, because it's not a feeling that comes from the Lord, It's just a total waste. You did nothing to hurt your daughter. You have done everything in your power to help her get well, and your still helping.

I am happy that you understand so much about this addiction, because when I was going through similar situations with my son, I wasn't aware that it could go sideways at any moment. So when it did go sideways, it was awful. It just felt like a never ending nightmare. Thanks for posting, and keep us updated about your daughter. I am definitely praying for her to embrace her treatment, and get well. GOD BLESS YOU and your family at this time.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Super tired. Lots of things to get together for her stay. Almost done. We went to NA meeting tonight..she saw probably 5 or 6 people she knew. She is feeling much better and says she is excited to go....12 hour countdown begins now....
Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hang in there Keepinon....and try to get some rest tonite. Still prayin for you all.

Gotahavfaith
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good reports! Thanks for posting -- we're thinking of you!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Leaving now....
Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm praying she hangs on tight to God's hand
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Super tired. Lots of things to get together for her stay. Almost done. We went to NA meeting tonight..she saw probably 5 or 6 people she knew. She is feeling much better and says she is excited to go....12 hour countdown begins now....
keepinon,

It sounds like the beginning of a family healing to me. I'm so happy that your daughter is ready to get the help she needs. I guess GOD heard our prayers. I will continue to pray for your daughter. I know how difficult and serious your situation is, because I have been on both sides of the fence.

I am the heartbroken mother of a seriously addicted son. Who by the way is clean and well today. So, I am actually in healing mode today. I am also an addict with over 5 years of recovery from prescription pain pills. There is alot of help and hope for your daughter. The fact that she wants it, is a beautiful thing, and the first step. Please let us know how things work out. I know that there will be alot of ups and downs when it comes to addiction and recovery. So be strong, and know that people are praying for your daughter and your family. My church prays for the struggling addict every single day.

:ghug3
Old 08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

She is there, and we are home. thank you so much for all the prayers and good wishes. Taking it one day at a time, but hopeful for her future.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Phewww, I can feel your relief and am sighing with you.

This is a good start and we can only hope that it is a turning point for her.

Hugs
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm sure that you are very relieved. I'm so glad that she made it through the weekend and is ready to find peace through sobriety. I hope that God will watch over her and help her to find her path.
gentle hugs
Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just talked to her and she likes it already... won't be able 2 visit until next week or week asfter, but I am ok with that.She's safe for today...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Keepinon,
I am glad that you will be getting some rest tonight. I know that you need it. It feels so good to know that they are safe .
I am praying for a good outcome for her, and that this is her time. Her HP is in control.

hug,
chicory
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
it is what it is

keepinon - prayers will continue for you and your daughter - enjoy the hope this moment brings
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yay!! So glad to hear that, you are a good example of how getting out of God's way and letting Him do his 'thing' is the only way. And your AD gives me hope for all of our A's.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Counselor called and said she has already gone 2 a meeting is smiling and excited and says she is"done". Good signs.. Now looking for sober living places....
Old 08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

keepinon, I'm so happy that your girl is right where she needs to be. Her life is going to get better beyond her wildest dreams. Just a few weeks ago we were praying because we didn't know where she was, or if she was alright. And now today, she is already in recovery. I will continue to pray for your daughter because this is a really tough situation, and prayers can only help. She can, and will do this. She sounds like she really wants it. Now it's time to take care of yourself. I know that I fell apart when I was dealing with all of these things with my son. It took it's toll on me. Make sure you don't let that happen to you. I'm so happy for you and your daughter. Better days are ahead.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am trying to take care of myself... I am going to have hip surgery on Sept. 10..right in the middle of all this.so there is lots of paperwork and preperations all at one time, but I feel strangely calm about it all. Still keeping my serentity, knowing I am not in control of this and have done my part.. so different than where I was a year ago, panic attacks to the point I couldn't breathe. I will have one year in alanon next month..what a difference it has made for me. Feel overwhelmed by all your love and support..
Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am trying to take care of myself... I am going to have hip surgery on Sept. 10..right in the middle of all this.so there is lots of paperwork and preperations all at one time, but I feel strangely calm about it all. Still keeping my serentity, knowing I am not in control of this and have done my part.. so different than where I was a year ago, panic attacks to the point I couldn't breathe. I will have one year in alanon next month..what a difference it has made for me. Feel overwhelmed by all your love and support..
keepinon, I totally understand the panic attacks that you were having a year ago, because I was right there with you having them too. I couldn't breathe either, and I totally know what your saying. My hair fell out of my head, and I didn't eat or sleep when my son was out there. I went through 3 years of ups and downs without a rest. I understand all that you have been through, and Naranon helped me to learn that my sons life is not more important than my own.

It's amazing what we go through over our own children. When they hurt themselves, we hurt more. It's unbelievable. Your having hip surgery and your calm, and your daughter was out getting high, and you were nuts over it. I've been there too, and I always say there's nothing like a mothers heart. It's the most unselfish love ever. I have totally forgiven my son for the torture and terrorism that he put me through with his drug addiction.

I will say a prayer that your hip surgery goes well, and that you will have a speedy recovery. 4 months ago, I didn't know where my son was, and today, I am packing to go and visit with my totally clean and serene son in Florida.
You will be having a beautiful holiday season with your sober daughter this year. Just for now, one day at a time, lets get through today. And for today, she is alright and safe, and clean. And I am happy for you. GOD BLESS

:ghug3