The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

Old 08-17-2010, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

The First Day of the Rest of Her Life

I don't know when that day is, but yesterday was a good day. For me, I finally found listings for meetings in the area.

For her, and us (parents) a good meeting with her psychiatrist, and an email from her counselor saying that she's "impressed with her willingness to get better".

Lots of things being addressed. Her medication (too little, not enough), her mood disorder, schizoaffective disorder, asked us about her moods and behavior is recent past, and anything we felt we wanted to share about her history. Psychiatrist is happy that girl has a good support system.

Daughter has expressed concern about leaving the treatment center, psychiatrist says that's a good sign

A 90/90 was mentioned.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I will try to focus on my life today and accomplish things that have been on the back burner since this all began.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh I remember that feeling well tormented. When he was in jail and rehab...not worrying about what was going on with him - if only for a short time. I also remember the first time seeing him in rehab after 3 weeks and the relief I felt. At how wonderful he was doing. I think that may have been one of the best night's sleeps I have ever had! LOL
Old 08-19-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I remember the first time I saw my son off on the bus, heading to rehab.

"Promise me you won't cry" he said, as he got on the bus.

Cry? When that bus turned the corner I let out a loud "Wooo Hooo!!!" and danced on the spot.

I really hope this is a new start for your daughter, TM, and already your recovery is shining.

Hugs
Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TM.......Just wanted to stop in and send you some good thoughts today. I hope you are doing well.

Gotahavfaith