Blogs

Notices

Son moved back home....

Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi puddinface
This is something that I am struggling with right now. My 25 year old AD is in a 6 month treatment facility. She gets out in November. Although nothing is set in stone right now, I will probably let her move back home. I have custody of her two sons, 3 & 6 until she gets out. They will be starting school soon and she will not have the means to take care of them when she gets out. She has a car to be able to look for a job. It is not running right now, but she will have to figure that out when she comes back. I am willing to give this ONE more shot. But it is going to be on my terms. And I want my boundaries FIRMLY in place before she gets out. I will never go back to that front row seat that I had. So I totally understand where you are coming from. I am going to think long and hard about my new rules as I have spent the last 3 months working really hard on myself. I wish you luck and I hope your son can see what a good mother that he has. One who is willing to give him another chance. He is very lucky to have you. So if you are somewhat distrustful of him, then he is just going to have to deal with that.

Gotahavfaith
The Following User Says Thank You to gotahavfaith For This Useful Post:
puddinface (08-18-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Hi Puddin...sending you hugs. My Alcoholic Sister only gets furious when we confront her about drinking and she is drinking. She does the whole silent treatment, "it's all your fault" thing to take the focus away from her problem. So I understand how you feel...and it can be so sad and frustrating.

Have you thought about boundaries?
The Following User Says Thank You to FarawayFromCars For This Useful Post:
puddinface (08-18-2010)
Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Gotahavfaith....thank you so much for your kind words!! You too are a wonderful mother and grandmother and your daughter is very lucky to have you..(and the little ones too!) I can relate to that because my older son has custody of my 6 year old grandson and I am helping him raise him. (They both live with me) Everyone always tells me how lucky my grandson is to have me (his mother is living her own selfish life - whole nother' chapter.) I think some definite boundaries will have to be set here in my house with the other son. We have already told him that if he uses - he is out! I will not have any nonsense around my grandson. I'm keeping my eyes open and trying to take deep breaths when he walks out the door - knowing that the choices he makes are his. If he so chooses to screw up all the great things he has going for him in his life now...he's on his own!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FarawayFromCars View Post
Hi Puddin...sending you hugs. My Alcoholic Sister only gets furious when we confront her about drinking and she is drinking. She does the whole silent treatment, "it's all your fault" thing to take the focus away from her problem. So I understand how you feel...and it can be so sad and frustrating.

Have you thought about boundaries?

Hi Faraway! Thanks so much for your thoughts. You are right...this could very well be why he was giving me the silent treatment as well. He definitely does not like to be confronted by me on his drug use. As far as the boundaries go - it's a work in progress for me. I'm going to keep my eye on him and if I see anything that seems off to me - I will confront again. If he doesnt like it - he will have to move out!