She keeps getting worse

Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and hugs! Just knowing others understand what I am feeling helps.

I have had no contact w/ AD. She spoke w/ her sponsor and told her "tell my mom not to get me out"--don't worry, she ain't!

I am still so numb--hurt, sad, confused, made, pissed, all together at one time.

I know I did what was best for me, and I pray for her. I can't and won't be part of her life now. So, no contact is my survival skill for now.

thanks again,
susan
Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ultimately you are doing the right thing. I know how hard it is too since I just had to tell my AS to leave and that he couldn't live here while he's still using and not seeking the help he needs.It doesn't mean I don't still cry and miss him, the real him. It's so painful and heart wrenching, but unless we stop being there every time they fall, they'll never learn how to get up on their own. I hope this experience helps her come to her senses and down on her knees. Sounds like she's getting the idea by not wanting you to bail her out. See? You are doing what she needs you to do.