Made my day

Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Made my day

Today, one of my RAD's close friends came into where I work. When they were in high school, and really a couple years beyond, this girl stayed at my house many many nights. She had alot family issues and was a sweet girl. "D" ended up an addict also. She also was in trouble many times with the law. She had stolen from my house and was not permitted back. My daughter and her had a falling out, I'm sure due to drugs. I have seen her quite a few times and I had known that she went to treatment. When I have seen her here at work I am cordial, but that is it. She always spoke, but seemed embarassed.

Today she came up to my desk and apologized for all the things that she felt she had done to me. She said, I loved you so much, you were more of a mom to me than my mom had ever been. And I just want you to know. She cried, I had tears in my eyes also, I hugged her and told her I loved her too.. She has been clean for over 2 years and works at our local treatment facility. She said, please tell Jessi that I pray for her all the time because the last time I saw her she didn't look very good. I told her about her being in treatment and she was so thrilled. She gave me her phone number and said if she ever needs anything, please tell her to call me.

This is a girl who had lost everything, including her children to addiction. Today she is clean and sober, has her own place to live, a car, a job and her children. I am very proud of her. Sometimes our HP does give us what we need. Today this is what I needed.

Gotahavfaith
Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How wonderful!

Stories like this are such a source of strength for me, and I'm sure for others here. I know how it must have lifted your spirits to a whole new level for the day.

Thanks for sharing
Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your story just tickled my heart, what a wonderful encounter that ended up being.

Yours is a story of hope...there IS hope for even the most hopeless addict.

Thank you for sharing this.

Hugs
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What a great outcome for that young gal!
It makes us all remember that there is ALWAYS hope that we can keep in our hearts.

That makes my day
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.

gentle hugs
Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That hurt so good and thank you very much for sharing
Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's always so wonderful to hear a success story when it comes to drugs. It's comforting to know that a girl who has lost so much due to addiction, now has her sobriety and all she had lost back. Thanks for sharing this with us ghf. It lets me know that there is hope and possibilities for my own son.

:ghug3
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

redemption is always possible, for every one of us.

beautiful post.