Addict brother makes me feel like a criminal...

Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Since my last visit, I've been away on vacation without access to the internet. But I'm back and just wanted to thank you all for your comments / suggestions. Being able to talk about this openly with others has been cathartic and helpful.

Chino, thanks so much for the link. I think I'm going to give the insurance thing shot. I'm also going to try to find an attorney (anyone out there?) who might be able to give me some confidential advice on where I stand. Again, I can't say thank you enough to everyone for talking about this with me.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Honey, I would let this go. But I just wanted to point some stuff out...

You are making a lot of assumptions here. The biggest assumption is that the doctor has time to inform a long string of people. Not so much.... S/he undoubtedly just made a note in the chart that you're a drug seeker when s/he severed the doctor-patient relationship.

The fact is - you were not prosecuted. Be grateful for this small mercy. You did something wrong and that pharmacy caught it, therefore you filling adderal there is going to be suspect forever because they put notes into their computer. They *will* call the new doctor if you go back. BTW, if your old pharmacy was cvs, and your new pharmacy is a different cvs your new doctor has probably been called anyway...

Use your insurance, that's what it's there for, and they have been paying for your adderal for years so there should be no flags on that end.

Let it go. Do not spend time and money on an attorney, your files or anything else unless you must because doing so puts you back in the past and will undoubtedly bring anxiety over things that can't be changed. Does the file content really matter? You can't change it... Let it go.....
Old 08-01-2010, 06:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree about consulting a lawyer. I was going to suggest it myself but then saw someone else had. What could it hurt?

Good luck, Kari