I went to a meeting today...

Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went to a meeting today...

It's been a while since I went to my home group. Some of them know what is going on (my ABF died two weeks ago.)... I thought I was going to pass out. I did not say a word. Just listened and held in my tears... I'm glad I went... It was so hard though.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you went, littlebird, keeping yourself surrounded by support with people who understand will help you. It's also a good place to try to process some of your grief.

Keeping you in my prayers because I know that days are hard for you right now.

Hugs
Old 07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awwwhhhh Littlebird, I'm sure the death of your boyfriend has been very hard on you. I'm happy that you went to your homegroup for some support. You should grieve, and while your grieving be really good to yourself. Take really good care of yourself now, and get some TLC for YOU. Take a hot bath, get your nails done. What ever it is that makes you feel good, do it. I too have lost loved ones due to addiction. It's the worst thing that can happen. It will take some time for your heart to heal. I'm so so sorry for your loss. I've been there and done that. I know what your going through.

:ghug3
Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I'm glad you went, littlebird, keeping yourself surrounded by support with people who understand will help you. It's also a good place to try to process some of your grief.

Keeping you in my prayers because I know that days are hard for you right now.

Hugs
Ann, you are the nicest, warmest, most compassionate person on this site. I love reading your posts.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found my Naranon group to be my comfort zone when I lost my daughter. They understand as few others possibly can. I'm so glad you went...I know it is very raw right now, but little by little you will find ways to process the grief. keep being very gentle with yourself and know that we are thinking of you. Hugs and lots of thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
I found my Naranon group to be my comfort zone when I lost my daughter. They understand as few others possibly can. I'm so glad you went...I know it is very raw right now, but little by little you will find ways to process the grief. keep being very gentle with yourself and know that we are thinking of you. Hugs and lots of thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace.
OMG Greeteachday, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I didn't know, and I am very very sorry.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It takes a great deal of courage to mourn, to be vulnerable.

One day at a time littlebird. You'll fly again soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.