How to deal....

Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

His entered Detox on On June 20th, so for about a month now.
I just want to sleep so I can stop thinking.

I promise to pick up the book tonight and Sunday I will attend a meeting.

I do need to get out and seek help. Last thing I need is to get sick.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

He was clean before we got together, he started abusing about a year ago.
How and Why, I just don't know. I know our relationship is solid and when he recovers we will be together. I don't doubt that we have.

My thing is trying to get through this... seeing someone you love go through addiction is very hard... I'm just grateful he didn't die.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love you all for being my outlet and lending a word.

You are all a blessing....
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I understand where you are coming from. I did the curl up in a ball and let the world pass you by part while my boyfriend went to rehab for 30 days for cocaine addiction.
I missed him so much I almost lost my job, I had no friends and I was alone. I went to an ALANON meeting in my area with a friends mother who introduced me to it. It helped so much just to get out of my self pitty for an hour.

He was clean for 1.5 yrs and just relapsed and well so did I. It is awful but this time it am here online doing this, going to meetings again and getting my head out of my arse!

He may come back and be done with you be prepared for that seeing as this time that is what is going on with me only he just left a 3 day detox and is still using. He came back the first time and when he did he asked me to go to meetings and to live my life with him in the house and seeing eachother and talking but things did change. He had to go to meetings daily to keep clean. They need to replace one addiction for something else. When he did this I was still a mess but we lived our lives on our paths and then we came together and it was okay.

Now is a different story and like I said as soon as he relapsed I did too. I think we both just forgot our steps and became comftorable and did not follow up.

Go to a meeting just sit there and listen to them. It helps and if nothing else you will get some really great hugs from people which always helps.

Good luck to you!